Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YMCA Subscription or iPad data plan?
After going to bed with a migraine at 8 PM, Preston woke me at 11, whining, scratching, barking. Poor Greg had done the get up and take care of the blind, crippled dog duty the previous night, so it was my turn, and the demon creature kept me up all night, with walks just after midnight and again at 3:25 AM. And the poor thing can't find his water bowl at night so he hollers until someone gets up and puts it in front of his face.

Anyway, Preston and I finally passed out for half an hour when Greg got up when the alarm went off at the usual time (3:55 AM) to walk Maeve. At 4:25 I got up, and snarled at the old dog who continued to snore away, and went into the cats room/my office to start my usual morning routine.

And found my birthday present on my desk. It's not my birthday yet. My birthday isn't until Friday. The note read, "You deserve a present after that rough night. Happy Birthday."

And I've blown off almost all my work all morning as I set up my brand new iPad. (geeky giggle). It only took a couple of minutes to get it totally up and running; and most of that time was figuring out the one app that wasn't totally compatible had to be reinstalled vs. restored from the iPod Touch backup.

A screen keeps popping up reminding me that I haven't signed up for a data plan yet. I will need to do that, and plan to. Just got to figure out where it fits in the budget. But given the many hours I will need to spend on my butt playing with my iPad and given how little advantage either of us have taken of the YMCA membership I'm paying for and not really using, I'm seriously considering dropping the Y membership to pay for the iPad data plan. :-)

Then again, I did get a small raise this year. Maybe I can afford both.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Maybe there's a YMCA app...

--tg