Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shrek Forever After
We had a little Shrek-a-thon at Castle DM. T & DM watched all 3 films to prepare. 1 is pure magic. I love that film. All the other installments are in the wake of #1. 2 is all about puss, which was cool as he's a fencer. 3 is all about the princesses, which was also cool as it's about girl power and dm is raising a daughter. 4 is all about the trailer. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen the best stuff in the film. It's a woeful conclusion to the franchise - Shrek meets It's a Wonderful Life. This needed a lot more Donkey and Puss, a lot less Shrek. Shrek has always been character driven, but they discarded most of the better side characters and focused on Shrek, the ogres and the new characters. What's more irritating is that Rumpelstiltskin isn't new. He was introduced in #3 as Charming rallied villains in the Poison Apple. They changed his look in #4 (he only had a quick line so the voice didn't count) a glaring continuity error. And the new villain, the Pied Piper, was just lame. And the 3D is only robust in the beginning. It fades in impact about midway through. The short film Shrek 3D (Shrek 1.5?) is far better as it totally exploits the 3D aspect. I had a lot of hope when Puss began with a Bob Marley tune, but pass on this one.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to Puss Begins in 2012. Maybe that can save the franchise.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
tQ said the same thing about "It's a Wonderful Life"

Maybe it was better on the TV, it still wasn't that good. It had a few laughs. I'm over the whole inner beauty thing and finding true love tropes. Didn't really see any 3-D moments. I think the best part of the film was when Shrek's first wish gets granted. And you have to love Gingy. He's the one who should get his own movie.

And as a side note, a distant cousin named Brian Lynch is actually helping write Puss n Boots.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit