Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van's Warped Tour 2010 - Shoreline Amphitheater June 25
So I'm toying with the idea of revisiting my punk past and cheking out this years Warped tour.

Lineup here

I'd like to see:
Andrew W.K.
Angry Samoans
The Dickies (seen many times, very fun live)
Swingin Utters
All-American Rejects
The Uptones
The Voodoo Glow Skulls

Who knows? Maybe some of the other bands don't completely suck. I might even let some of 'em walk across my lawn!

Tickets are only $33.

Anyone else going?
[Image: magpie13.gif]
It's been rather suburban since it moved to Shoreline. They lay a lot of it out on the lower parking lot, which is just kind of weird.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town that weekend.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
So, since Dee Dee was out of town I decided to plunk down $33 and check out the show.

I arrived at 11:30 (Show started at 11AM) and the line for parking was long and slow. At least parking was free.

I joined the mob streaming in. Security wa relatively lax. Everyone was allowed to bring in food and bottled water. The guard didn't even frisk me. He just laughed and asked if I had any bottles or cans in my hip pocket.

The scene was pretty chaotic. There were 6 stages and the only place where they posted set times was near one of the small stages in the parking lot. The crowd was mostly 18 - 24 which made me feel really old and creepy. I liked it.

I caught Monkey (local Ska band), The Uptones, Sum 32 and some other bands, but I refused to shell out $2 for the xeroxed band schedule so the names are a mystery.

I was planning to stay till 3PM to see Andrew W.K. but around 2PM I got hot and bored (plus the crowd was huge; you could hardly walk around at this point) so I headed to the exit. On the way some guy gave me a Best Buy scratcher which turned out to be worth a $40 gift card. That covers the ticket and gas so I was happy.

It was weird seeing all these kids at a festival that had The Dickies, The Uptones, The Angry Samoans, The Adolescents, The Swingin' Udders and a bunch of other bands where the members are 40 - 50 years old.

You kids get off my damn punk nostalgia lawn! Get your own icons!
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Good one, ED!
Lol
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Was it wrong to want to see Devo this year?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit