Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anchor Steam Brewery sold
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R201004300931">http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R201004300931</a><!-- m -->

--tg
...hope it won't affect our RM brewery tour. Next year will be the 10th.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Yeah, trepidation here. Hopefully a seamless hand-off. I do like my Liberty Ale and my Porter. And the Old Potrero is purty tasty, too.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I've still never been able to make it into the distillery across the street. That's been a major goal, but it just hasn't happened.
When I went on the brewery tour a few years ago, they didn't have a license to serve spirits, so tastings from the distillery were out. Has that changed?

--tg
They never showcase their distilled stuff or their distillery. It was all part of Fritz's side project. That's a real shame but after a few beers, you don't care as much.
He says that the new owners are bring two major shifts to the company.

#1. Anchor will advertise. I didn't realize this before but they don't really advertise.

#2. They will develop the distillery. Apparently they will change the logo so it includes the distilling, not just brewing. They want to really develop this market.
I'm seeing their Junipero gin and Old Potrero whiskey more and more...

I'm good with that.

--tg
Bein' humble don't pay the bills. Good on 'em!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I've got a bottle of Old Potrero at home which I've been savoring. It's behind my bottle of 21 Glenfiddich, which is behind my bottle of green label JD....
Saturday April 2, starting at 5PM

If you've never done this tour, please come and be my guest. We get the run of the place - a private tour and the taps are open. Plus I control the guest list for this event. Wink

LB & I will be there.
I beg your pardon? They put you in charge of the taps. Something about foxes and hen houses springs to mind. Then again, I guess you could be older and wiser.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
This is the 10th annual. I founded this event. Mull that over for a moment.

To quote HST, "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

10 years. my my.
Free beer on a Saturday evening? I might just be able to squeeze that into my schedule....!

This will follow the previous Saturday's Whisky-Fest. For the World's Heaviest Light-Weight, this is a lot of drinking.
I may make it as well and might have a guest or two in tow if that's ok...

--tg
:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: