Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watchmen
Yeah, I'm a little late to the game. Just finished it. Having seen the movie first, I wasn't coming into it with a fresh eye. It's a well told story. I like the pirate story other parallels that woven into the narrative. Comparing it to the film, I'm amazed at how well they brought the story to the screen. I think Rorshack was a stronger character on film than in the book. The same for Ozimandias. It was cast well. I feel compelled to re-watch it now to see how else it differs.

--tg
You win. It's always better to see the film first especially if the book has that much buzz. I made the mistake of rereading the comics before I wen to see the film. I did think they did a good job of capturing the book, but the film wasn't that great. I also don't bow down before the altar of Alan Moore. I think Frank Miller did a better job of reinventing comics.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Self-promotional plug: Dave Gibbons is doing a free webinar on how to use Smith Micro's Manga Studio. I'm not directly involved with Manga Studio, but it seems like a pretty cool product. (Much sexier than a compression utility...)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://blog.smithmicro.com/cgi-bin/bblosxom.cgi/2010/03/11#100311_Manga_Studio_Freee_Dave_gibbons">http://blog.smithmicro.com/cgi-bin/bblo ... ve_gibbons</a><!-- m -->

[youtube]Cu1FBjCqxew[/youtube]

--tg
There is an application sexier than compression technology? Say it ain't so.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I just watched the 'Ultimate' Blu-Ray version and enjoyed it even more than the IMax viewing.

The addition of 'Tales of the Black Freighter' really tied the story together and provided some much-needed breaks to let the viewer catch their breath.

I think it will stand the test of time and become a cult favorite among the 'Sin City' fan base. There is a 'Sin City' fan base, right?
[Image: magpie13.gif]