Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Thanksgiving Conjunction
Coming up the 24th, leaving the 27th. Any festivities must include tQ, as she will not be left in the house alone. Was thinking about breakfast with the Yeti on the 26th but that is a vague plan at best. Either way, Happy Saturnalia to everyone.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
The Cranefly Labyrinth might be swarmable at that time.
Lady Cranefly seems amenable.
Is there sufficient critical mass to justify fusion?
Otherwise, we'd be open to breakfast, lunch or dinner in an orbiting restaurant.

--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
Post Xmas conjunction?

Breakfast with the Yeti. Now there's a great title for a book or a band.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I will be unavailable 12/24 - 12/28. I will rip 'Samurai Princess' and 'Tokyo Gore Police' for the gathering if needed.

You pay for shipping.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I'm in full agreement with DM that we should start a new thread. It really makes no sense continuing to chatter here like a disembodied head at the gallows begging to be spared. Not to introduce a dour tone at a time meant for holiday cheer. But we really really should start a new thread, like turning over a new leaf -- which reminds me. Our yard desperately needs to be raked.

As for Tokyo Gore Police, I was wondering about its fate. As I mentioned previously, I've seen it, and it gets better as it goes on. But we didn't quite get to DM's copy on that fateful night. Just as we didn't get to X-Cross, which I brought that night. And I'm so glad we didn't get to X-Cross, because I later watched it and it was horrible -- just these two Japanese women fighting each other with a chainsaw and a giant pair of scissors. Yes, scissors. And while that image buggers the mind, the celluloid execution was abominable and deserved being attacked by a large rock and sheet of paper.

Which is all the more reason we need a new thread -- just to put distance between us and the mere mention of X-Cross. Not another word here.

Speaking of words, I'm about to launch a free audiobook. The first episode gets posted this Sunday, and there'll be weekly episodes with a wrap-up in June, by which time our post-Xmas gettogether should be a wrap as well, as discussed in full on that other thread that we're all moving to -- speaking from the future, or metaphysically.

I'm going to bed.
I'm nobody's pony.
I'm working 10-4 on 12/24 (y'all invited to Victory for free coffee and Irish whisky). I'm up for breakfast on 12/26, but start work at 10am. 12/27 is taken up by a baptism (I'll be there to yell "shark!" and point at the font in mock horror) and then the Holiday Party Potluck for one of the fencing groups I work with. !2/28 I have some friends that I like more than you all visiting from some red-state and then more work that afternoon/evening/night. I'm up for a late night beer or coffee on any of those days.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Stumbled upon this ol gem whilst searching for the best thread to ttt for t-day.

Damn, this was one helluva D00M gathering. We rocked in 2009. 

What a delightful memory. All hail the D00M4M
Shadow boxing the apocalypse