Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alice Cooper @ The Warfield 10/21/09
I'd kind of given up on Alice after seeing a Shoreline show many years ago. He had 'cleaned up' his act and reduced the horror theatrics to a minimum. Instead of dancing with a corpse for 'Cold Ethyl' he had his wife dance around the stage in a tutu with clown makeup.

I guess he got bored with that shite and came back with his 'Theater of Death' tour. Very subtle title.

During the show he impaled a roadie with a mike stand, strangled a woman behind a screen, was decapitated by a giant guillotine, was stabbed in the crotch with a 6' hypodermic and pierced by a dozen spikes while locked in a box. Good fun.

His voice sounded awful as he felt the need to scream every song instead of actually singing, but I was there for the theatrics. It was also scary to be one of the youngest people there. The crowd averaged 50+. The guy sitting next to me looked EXACTLY like Ron Jeremy with Alice Cooper makeup.

The misogyny was a little disturbing. He beats up and kills several women but maybe I'm just an oversensitive Bay Area sissy-boy.

Finally a show that ends before 11PM. Yay old rock stars!
[Image: magpie13.gif]