Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U2
Bono is doing the rounds to promote his book. He did the interview with Colbert followed by a song. But they also recorded the Colbert Questionnaire at about the same time. It's 15 dumb questions that Colbert asks his guests. This one with Bono was really good. I wished it had lasted longer.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(11-15-2022, 03:25 PM)Greg Wrote: Bono is doing the rounds to promote his book. He did the interview with Colbert followed by a song. But they also recorded the Colbert Questionnaire at about the same time. It's 15 dumb questions that Colbert asks his guests. This one with Bono was really good. I wished it had lasted longer.

Best Sandwich: Chip Buttie - french fries in a buttered roll...is potato.

--tg
Is potato.

That does sound yummy but I imagine it would wreck my blood sugar....

Entertaining vids but I would've posted them here - ftw - http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...hp?tid=487
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I've never seen this bit before.

U2 has a new album coming out in March. Edge decided to rework all the old songs. I'm undecided about how that will go but I'm leaning towards "not well". Yes, you damn kids should get off my lawn.

But I did go to the U2 website to see what was on offer and maybe to listen to some pre-releases. Nope. But I did see the different packages they were selling. You can get the Digital Package or the CD package or the Vinyl Package. Alt those I understand. They also have on offer the cassette package. That one I don't understand. Are there audiophiles out there for cassettes? Wasn't that the worst format ever?

Didn't we get all that crap already preprogramed on our LIEphones?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Amazon Prime had a playlist that was 5 hours of U2 songs that I enjoyed listening to. With Amazon's push to get people to pay for their streaming service, they've discontinued that list. Very disheartening.

The promotional tour is starting to ramp up. I will be watching.

Quote:[Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.campaigner....im0L3Q--~D]
Dear Gregory,

'Bono & The Edge join Dave Letterman for 'A Sort of Homecoming' a feature-length music special in Dublin, to mark the release of Songs of Surrender on St Patrick's Day.

"Recently, I won a radio contest," says Letterman. "Winner gets to visit Dublin with Bono and The Edge (radio contest part not true, but I feel like a winner). They showed me around, introduced me to their musician friends, and performed some of their greatest songs in a small theater. It's a great tour. Get in touch with them ― I'm told there are still availabilities. I'm the luckiest man on the planet. (There are no availabilities)."

Talking about Songs of Surrender, did anyone mention the 2LP Limited Edition Deluxe Crystal Clear Vinyl is now available in the U2 store? 
Best Wishes
The U2.com Team

(01-12-2023, 09:08 AM)Greg Wrote: U2 has a new album coming out in March. Edge decided to rework all the old songs. I'm undecided about how that will go but I'm leaning towards "not well". Yes, you damn kids should get off my lawn.

But I did go to the U2 website to see what was on offer and maybe to listen to some pre-releases. Nope. But I did see the different packages they were selling. You can get the Digital Package or the CD package or the Vinyl Package. Alt those I understand. They also have on offer the cassette package. That one I don't understand. Are there audiophiles out there for cassettes? Wasn't that the worst format ever?

In 2004, Apple sold the U2 special edition iPod that was pre-loaded with their catalog:

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2004/10/2...e-U2-iPod/

...artist/band Nagativland responded with an pre-loaded U2 vs Negativland iPod and was summarily cease-and-desisted:

https://www.wired.com/2004/12/negativland-ipo/

--tg
Trailer for the interview with Letterman

https://www.venetianlasvegas.com/entertainment/u2.html

Quote:Schedule
VENUE
Sphere at The Venetian
DATES
Friday, September 29, 2023 
Saturday, September 30, 2023 
Thursday, October 5, 2023 
Saturday, October 7, 2023 
Sunday, October 8, 2023 
Wednesday, October 11, 2023 
Friday, October 13, 2023 
Saturday, October 14, 2023 
Wednesday, October 18, 2023 
Friday, October 20, 2023 
Saturday, October 21, 2023 
Wednesday, October 25, 2023 
Friday, October 27, 2023 
Saturday, October 28, 2023 
Wednesday, November 1, 2023 
Friday, November 3, 2023 
Saturday, November 4, 2023 
Friday, December 01, 2023 
Saturday, December 02, 2023 
Wednesday, December 06, 2023 
Friday, December 08, 2023 
Saturday, December 09, 2023 
Wednesday, December 13, 2023 
Friday, December 15, 2023 
Saturday, December 16, 2023
TIME
8:00 p.m.

No outside food or beverage allowed

U2:UV
CONCERT, ROCK, EVENT, PERFORMANCE

The world’s biggest rock band will launch the world’s most state-of-the-art venue. Enjoy the unprecedented U2:UV shows at Sphere at The Venetian with premium accommodations at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas, immersive fan moments and bespoke concierge service. Book your package now. 
PACKAGE 1: VIP CONCERT & HOTEL EXPERIENCE

For U2’s biggest fans, Vibee’s elevated packages offer preferred seating and VIP entry to Sphere at The Venetian, two-night stay at The Venetian Resort, special perks like private happy hour at the immersive U2 Fan Portal exhibit and pop up shop, exclusive gift bag with limited-edition merch, complimentary entry to parties at multiple Tao Group nightclubs, and a very rare commemorative fan book mailed to you post-show.
PACKAGE 2: CONCERT & HOTEL

Packages include concert ticket, two-night stay at The Venetian Resort, and a souvenir lanyard with exclusive laminate.
Book these exclusive packages today.

https://www.thespherevegas.com

Quote:U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at Sphere
First Show: 9/29/23

U2 is returning to the stage for a special run of shows marking their first live outing in four years. U2:UV Achtung Baby Live at Sphere is an out-of-this-world live music experience which will see the world’s biggest rock band launch the world’s most cutting edge venue, Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas.
*All guests require a ticket. Service charges apply to phone/online orders. All prices, dates and times are subject to change. All sales final; no refunds. Accessible and companion seats are available via Accessibility Services at 725-258-6724.

--tg
A MVHS Class of 1981 grad who has money to spare has already booked his tickets.

For what date?

--tg
Opening night according to his post.