Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ninjas vs. Yetis
So here I am, slogging away in the salt mine of martial arts, reduced to making my living hawking ninja suits like some $20 pimp on the Mission, and the yeti sends out a bulk email from his jurassic wood-burning computer trying to get everyone to join him in wearing cut out masks of his cartoon yeti avatar and I'm like W - T - F ?!? Is that going to sell more kiddy-lectrik-sicilian foils? Oh hell no. Look, here in DOOM, there are two of us who threw our lives away by trying to make a living in the martial world and now, with the economic collapse, we're eating cold chili out of a can with a dirty wooden spoon. Meanwhile, I've got a kid in private school, a mortgage and a pom to support. Yeti paper masks? Gimme a break. Those are fighting words, DOOMstyle. It's on. We'll meet again in the field of battle, and this time it won't be in no gay club window filled with condom balloons and Soma crawlers gawking at DOOMass snugly squeezed into tighty-whitey knickers. Oh no. It's on. It's so on. Confusedmt108
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
You'll always be a $50 SOMA pimp in our book.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
you got $50?
I do! My DVD royalty check should be showing up any second. Otherwise, no. Unless the Queen wants to spot me a half-Benjamin?
...DVD sales are down across the board tho. The economy plus VOD is killing us. Why else would I stoop to hawking ninja suits?
Looks like Ninja Academy is coming back around in Jan: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ninjaacademy.com/news.php">http://www.ninjaacademy.com/news.php</a><!-- m -->

You could do some kind of live music promo to push more ninja attire. Lemme know if you want their contact info.

--tg
Ninja Academy was our first official entry.
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/sh...stcount=19
Yeah, I don't have my own Ninja duds, so I sent them an email and told them to enter the contest.

--tg
What?!?!?!? YOU DON'T HAVE NINJA GEAR? Better fix that right away before the Doom Board of Directors gets wind of that.

I wonder where you could buy that apparel . . . . .
that's in the rules. must have tux. must have ninja suit. must not be a poofter.

we'll bend the tux and poofter rule for you now, but you better get your ninja suit. http://www.martialartsmart.com/16-01.html
So the Ninja Star project has become a duel between the cranefly ninja clan and the southern ninjas. Thanks so much for your support, DOOMers. We're expecting some entries to come in over Halloween, but y'all are still in serious running for something.

Ninja sales spiked initially, but have faded since, and given the date so close to Halloween, the sales return is looking mediocre. The alt platforms have been fruitful. Twitter picked up a 100+ new followers and Facebook is now teetering on 1000 fans. This was our first test of cross promoting using photo uploads. That's been very interesting.
i just won $50 in our office costume contest. i was a ninja pimp daddy. see my facebook or myspace for the pic (although the photographer cut off my ninja sword and ruined it).
Too bad you aren't the boss. Then you could exercise some creative control over the photography.
the funny thing is i did have them retake the shot several times to get the tiger claw sign framed up nicely and i totally missed the fact that the sword handle was cut off. it was those pimp dark glasses. couldn't see a damn thing.
Sure you weren't altered? Or are we going to keep the blame on your rose colored glasses?