Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever refill a pressurized water tank?
I'm trying to repair our reverse osmosis water filter system. The flow has decreased and I'm sure it's because the tank is not working. It's pressurized and there's a standard air gasket on the bottom alongside of big fat warning sticker not to mess with it if you're not a professional. Well, I don't know anything about plumbing really. The only pressurized water system that I've worked with was one of those toy water rockets that you pumped up. So I'm messing with it. I'm hoping that if I just pump up the air in this gasket, it will work. It says not to go over 100 lbs. I can do that. I got a bike pump and a tire gauge.

There's no instructions anywhere (been surfing the net for a hour looking for advice) and the system is no longer in production. I can buy a new tank for $200+ but I don't want to do that if I can just refill it. Thoughts?

Does this sound right or am I about to send my filter system into the cosmos like one of those water rockets?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Ooh, plumbing. Be afraid. Be very afraid. It looks simple and then you are writing the check for thousands of dollars. The horror. The horror.

Good luck.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I've disassembled the system and reassembled it. Can't figure out why we're not getting more water. My guess is the tank pressure, but I can't get it to pressurize. Maybe the pressure bladder is broken. Maybe I'm completely off in my guess. I can buy a new tank for $200+ (our system is 10 years old so it's no longer made) or buy a whole new system for around $200 (plus installation). Given that there's already hook-ups, I might be able to install it myself. Then again, I might just hire someone.
Yeah, plumbing. I always do it myself first and then later higher the plumber. I'm thinking it might be time to skip the middle man. No matter, how simple the job seems, it never works out in my favor. Color in me in cynical.
I do that with carpentry.
Me, too.
he replaced our garbage disposal too. that was awesome.