Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad is your hearing?
We get channel 32-4, which sometimes provides NASA coverage. You know, the latest Space Shuttle launch, interviews with the crew, tours of the International Space Station, so forth.

So I'm telling Lady Cranefly the latest, that there's now a clown on the ISS (the Cirque du Soleil founder), and I suspect his clown nose is starting to wear thin on the real astronauts up there. Yep, he keeps putting on a clown nose and hogging the interview sessions with his antics.

Later that night Lady Cranefly is web-surfing in her room, and she calls out to me, "Actually, he brought a clown nose for everybody."

Which of course I hear as, "Actually, he brought guan do's for everybody."

Needless to say, it takes a while to sort things out...
I'm nobody's pony.
Lady Cranefly is reading aloud from a brochure of adult education classes at Stanford, and she says, "Spanish for Beginners."

Which of course I hear as "Panic for Beginners."

Now there's a course for ya...
I'm nobody's pony.
i was concerned about my hearing once, but after getting it tested, I learned that I have no trouble hearing, only trouble with the amount of time that it takes to comprehend what I've heard. And unfortunately, instead of just waiting for it to "sink in," I've developed the unfortunate habit of saying, "What?" or looking at Greg to explain to fill me in on what I've missed in the interim. And then it clicks in and I say it at the same time he's filling me in. How annoying is that?!

Working on that, sweetie. :oops:
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
My hearing is excellent, which is a miracle given the number of rock concerts I've been too.

My eyesight sucks though. I'm going for Lasik in January.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I've heard consistently good things about lasik from several folks that I know who had it done.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
....but it's only in one ear. I got it after I got very sick over a decade ago. I've attenuated to it now. It's like a the feedback of dentist's drill through a used fender amp. It's constant. If I drink coffee, it gets louder. That's actually a good thing because it cut down on my coffee habit and I can selectively drown people out if I so chose. Coffee please!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse