Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Parsons Live Project 08/15/09 Nugget, Reno
Most of you know I'm a huge Alan Parsons geek. I followed them around on the West Coast leg of their tour way back in '96.

The showroom at the Nugget is about the size of Bimbo's 365 Club in S.F.. The seating was all at tables and ours was about 20' from the stage. The crowd was a bunch of middle-aged prog-rock nerds (like myself).

The show started at 8:00PM exactly and was one of the loudest shows I've ever seen. Alan Parsons songs have a lot of screaming guitar solos and I was expecting to hear them at 1000db with zero distortion. I was not disappointed. Oddly enough, even though the instrument mix was razor sharp the vocals were a little fuzzy.

The final encore was over at 9:30 P.M. which was pretty short for an A.P.P concert. Normally they do 2 1-hour sets with a break and then a long encore. I guess we're all getting old and tired. Anyway, the show was great and since I won $200 on slots it was basically free.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
A free show in Reno.

Now that's a turn of a friendly card.

Tongue
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm glad someone's is keeping the APP flag flying. Are they still even recording? Amazing to think they are still touring. You should email Scapino and tell him, fan the flames of jealousy.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
if he was still in DOOM, he'd freaking read it HERE!!!

blackball scapino!!!

oh right, we already did that. :axe:
Don't be a hater, Pom Daddy.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
kung fu is all about revenge.

we'll get that scapino.