Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gogol Bordello @ The Catalyst 5/22
Someone had an extra ticket. I'd heard a song or two, but didn't really know what to expect. These guys are party band. Imagine if Ozomatli came from the Ukraine, dropped all the horns and replaced them with an accordion and put Borat up as the front man. They had everyone hopping and singing along: "No can do this, no can do that!" and "Educate your neighbor!". I had the urge to make a chain and run back and forth through the audience, or start doing a cossack dance, but I don't know how and the place was pretty packed.

Fun show. Go see them if you get a chance.

--tg
I really like these guys.

I downloaded a set from Bonnaroo 2008 where they played a dozen Tom Waits tunes with Les Claypool. Great stuff.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
My GF turned me on to them. Great band in the tradition of The Red Elvises, The Leningrad Cowboys, Devotchka, or even The Pogues. Their song about American Weddings is hysterical (the more you know Eastern Europeans, the funnier it is). The lead singer starred in the movie "Everything is Illuminated" which was charming. He English is so premium!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.