Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleetwood Mac
(02-13-2022, 08:39 AM)Greg Wrote: Rock Med!
…doesn’t cover mo bay…
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
They tried a few things to revitalize the GST, including making it a tourist selfie room destination (with colored ball and such), but I heard that it is now somehow affiliated with The Catalyst. (Same owners? Same bookers). It's one of the few places down here that is booking artists that I might be interested in. Sunset Center in Carmel by the Sea seems a little stuffy for my tastes. Nobody else seems to book national/international acts. 

I've seen Tower of Power there, as well as comedian Steven Wright. Lewis Black is coming soon, but we're not sure about indoor shows yet. 

It's an art-deco house, a la Del Mar, but smaller. Not in great shape. There's now a speakeasy on the backside of the building (unrelated) which got flooded in the last rainstorm and they said that the theater's green room was also flooded. 

--tv
Quote:Mick Fleetwood's Wooden Balls from 'Rumours' Album Cover Hit the Auction Block
The drummer is auctioning off the pair of balls he wore on the 'Rumours' album cover, and they're expected to fetch up to $200,000
By Rachel DeSantis

Published on November 22, 2022 12:40 PM

Rumor has it Mick Fleetwood's set of hanging wooden balls can now be yours — for a pretty penny.

The drummer, 75, is selling the pair of balls he wore on the cover of the classic 1977 Fleetwood Mac album Rumours at an upcoming auction, and they're estimated to fetch up to $200,000.

Fleetwood famously stands like a swashbuckler on the album cover with the set dangling from his waist, as he hoists one leg onto an ottoman and holds hands with a cloaked Stevie Nicks.

The sale is part of a bigger auction called Fleetwood Mac: Property from the Lives and Careers of Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood that's to take place through Julien's Auctions starting Dec. 3.

[Image: fleetwood-mac-rumours-album-cover-112222...dbc2a4.jpg]
WARNER BROS.
There are already bids for $40,000 for the set, which hang on a black leather cord and come in a small pouch that reads "Open Sesame." The winning bidder will also receive a signed print that reads, "Born with them!! Leave with them!! Always love Mick Fleetwood," along with a small doodle.
Fleetwood opened up about the origins of the balls in a 2009 interview with Maui Times, and revealed that the original pair were "lavatory chains" he stole from a toilet while drunk.

"I came out—and I must admit I had a couple of glasses of English ale—and came out of the toilet with these, I ripped them off the—you know, I was very destructive—I ripped them off the toilet and had them hanging down between my legs," he said.

Though that pair was later lost at a gig, he had a replacement pair made by a carpenter, and explained why he donned them on the cover of Rumours.

[Image: fleetwood-mac-rumours-balls-112222-2-08a...c0e8de.jpg]
JULIEN'S AUCTIONS
"In truth, I started off as a blues player. The whole ethic of a lot of blues music is slightly suggestive, might I say," he said. "And suitably, I walked out on stage with these two lavatory chains with these wooden balls hanging down, and after that it just stuck."

He added: "The original, original ones I do not have — but the ones that I have are very, very old. I won't say they're as old as me. But—it starts getting into X-rated commentary here— my balls are quite old."

Though Fleetwood Mac's future as a band remains up in the air — Christine McVie told Rolling Stone in June that they "kind of broke up" after their most recent tour ended in 2019 — Fleetwood is still game to reunite once more to say goodbye in an official capacity.

"That has always been my vision and I'm flatly confident that we can do that," he told RS in March 2021. "We owe it to the fans."
Buy them. I can say I never noticed those balls.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Really? I always wondered about them. Stevie seems to be gazing at them…
By the time I got the album, it was on CD. The album art wasn't quite as noticeable.

I might still have this on vinyl. I know I have some live FM bootlegs on vinyl. Yeah, that dates me, doesn’t it?
I have it on cassette...

Heh heh...he said "package"...

"Can you swing 'em to and fro? Can you tie 'em in a knot? Can you tie 'em in a bow?"

--tg
Despite 4 pages of posts, I only reviewed 2 FM shows that I attended and one was sans Christine. I know I’ve seen them a few more times prior to these but I’m not sure how many. Some, like the first one posted here, were Rock Med so I don’t have a ticket stub. I should look through my ticket stub albums…
I saw them at the Us festival. They were really good. Lindsay spent a lot of time complaining that Tusk wasn't a bigger album. Or he would introduce songs from Tusk saying "Here's another great song from that album nobody bought"

When Camper van Beethoven regrouped after a long hiatus (aka Cracker), they did a full 2 disk cover of the Tusk album. Why? Who knows...

--tg
DM totally could have bought them. Only $128,000

Quote:Hannah Dailey
Fri, December 9, 2022 at 8:14 AM

[Image: a76e8f32e6109bd026144f88db283f66]
The rumors are true: Mick Fleetwood’s balls are worth a whole lot of money. On Dec. 3 and 4 in Beverly Hills, items from the Fleetwood Mac archives were auctioned off shortly after the death of Christine McVie, with the biggest sale price — $128,000, to be exact — going to the pair of wooden balls sported by the band’s namesake on the iconic Rumours album cover.

[url=https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/christine-mcvie-dead-appreciation-fleetwood-mac-1235179553/][/url]
The balls were just one (or two, if you want to be precise) of nearly 900 items sold during the sale — which was announced before McVie’s death — hosted by Julien’s Auctions. Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie and John McVie’s belongings specifically were up for grabs, with the collection spanning used instruments, band memorabilia and nostalgic pieces of clothing.