Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DG2006 1.0
The photos are impending. 85% there. Honest. Was hoping to
post before the gathering. Will have to wait a day or two.
Some things can't be rushed...
--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
I should have posted this earlier.
You probably won't have any problems, but just in case, here's some details.

Time: 6:30-ish, but whenever.

Place:

1180 Burgoyne Street
Mountain View CA 94013
(650)969-6183
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:gshockley@yahoo.com">gshockley@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

Directions coming from North on 101 (most of you?):

So you're heading south on 101.
Take Rengstorff exit and stay in leftmost lane.
Left onto Rengstorff
Go through 2-3 lights and turn left on Middlefield (not Old Middlefield, which comes first).
Go through 2 lights and turn right on the next sidestreet. This is Burgoyne (though the sign is near impossible to see).
1180 is on the very first corner, skylights in roof, Prius and Echo likely in drive.

Coming from south on 101.

So you're heading north on 101.
You could take the Shoreline exit, but I'd recocommend you just take Rengstorff and pretty much follow the directions above.

later, cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
Sorry for the lateness CF but the last few days have been a whirlwind of activity.

Many thanks for hosting the last gathering. Your place is very cool (especially the sacrificial temple out back).

The Sammo movie rocked, although a little too conventional for my jaded taste. Miike has warped my expectations for gangster movies.

Sorry I had to jet early, but I was beat down from doing yard work all day and I didn't want to fall asleep on the road.

Thanks DM for my mini weapon rack, and yes, they are the perfect size for 6" action figures!
Sorry about not having the MYTH. Next time.

And you could win another rack - a bigger one, probably big enough for your 8" figures - but you'd have to be a member of the other forum http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/sh...post664998
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I owrked at a place where rich white women made me put a candle on a mirror under the mens room toilet. They also had me hang crystals in the corners of the offices. Did I mention they had pictures and statues of angels everywhere too?

Oh yeah, I'm a huge believer in Feng Sham. The Penn and Teller 'Bullshit' episode on Feng Shui is priceless. I have it if you want to see it.

IMHO the three rules of environment design are:

1. Never sit with your back to the door

2. Never put really heavy things on top of really wobbly shelves.

3. Never hang really heavy or sharp objects over your bed.
Don't forget the cardinal rule of weapon feng shui - the sharp ends point out.

P.S. the feng shui contest is over.
I don't have this site bookmarked on all my access terminals so I rely on google search usually. Now this post is third from the top on Google through a link on a robot hub site here - http://www.splut.com/sub/g/gangster-101-yahoo-com.html. Why this one? Hell if I know.

It used to be the only front page link was also on Splut on a Damien Marley link here - http://www.splut.com/sub/d/damien-marley.html in my review of a show. I was rather proud of that.

Weirder still, you can get directly to this site through this thread - http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=159 - which appears on the first page of a Google search now too.
So I don't have this forum bookmarked on all my computers at work, only my main one. I work at a lot of different terminals and it just wouldn't do to have bookmarks here on the more 'public' ones. So if I'm on one of those other terminals, I google 'brotherhoodofdoom' and it leads me here. Actually not right here, but to the first page of this thread. I often come in the forum through this portal. I thought it was important that you all knew this, so important that I'm going to hijack this thread to talk about it. It amuses me to no end that the first thing I read is my own post that says 'I'm baaaaaaack'. Hell, I'm easily amused by such things.