Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victory Fencing
Victory Grand Opening. Who's going?

And more importantly, can we show Tetsuo on the HDTV? Confusednakeman:
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I don't have any other plans that day (as yet). Sounds like fun (and probably safer if we go in numbers). Can we still help with that whiskey? :drinkers:

Also, is there a flier? You should make a full-blown Grand Opening poster on the web. Post the link and I'll send it to the Salle Santa Cruz email list. Also, if you make it into a PDF download, I can print it out and drop it by the club...

--tg
TG, I have a file that I can send you. Please PM me with your regular e-mail and I'll send it to you!

-Y
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
TG please lemme know if you got the flyer. Thanks, again!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I'll put it up in the lobby. It couldn't hurt.
Dee Dee and I will try and make it.

I'll have DOOM Xmas gifts for whoever shows up.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Yay! Thanks, y'all, and I am looking forward to showing you all the new store.
So. Am I blind? Or have I been ex-communicated?
Try as I might, I can't find mention of the actual date of this Victory Grand Opening.
I mean, if you're excluding me, that's all right. I'll just ... you know ... pout.
When in doubt, pout. That's my modus operandi. I'll live by it till the day I die ... of gout.

I'll go away now....

craneflybye
I'm nobody's pony.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1377&start=55">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1377&start=55</a><!-- l -->

--tg
Ahah.
I will now unpout.
Thanks.
I'm nobody's pony.
Thanks, TG. No more pouting. See you there.
...almost had Jenn and her girls carpooling up with us for the opening. Almost. That was going to be my opening gift for PPFY. Now I guess I gotta buy something. :?
When did we stop using kidnapping to make guests appear, pomDaddy?

Good luck on the morrow.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Thanks, G-Man. Pom Daddy, having Her Jenn-ness show up would have blown my mind (what little of it is left). Good effort. Don't nobody buy/bring any gifts. I'll have one bottle of Irish whisky that one of my students gave me particularly for the opening that you'll all be appointed to help me with. If we get hungry, we can always get some "Fries with Eyes" from down the street.

See some of youse guys on Sunday!

-Y
Gratz to Brother Yeti and his new store. I didn't get much of a chance to chat in the 2 hours I was there because of the hundred or so customers trying to throw money at him.

So I wandered around the shop nicking stuff and taking pictures:

Here is a bumper sticker I stole while Cole fitted some kid with a $700.00 mask
[Image: 090208_victory_sticker.jpg]

I kept trying to put "Tetsuo: The Iron Man" on the DVD player but Cole kept changing it back to some foreigners in full-body diapers waving car antennas at each other.

[Image: 090208_victory_cole.jpg]

Eventually I made my way to the back room. This is where Cole and his partner print fake labels for high-priced equipment and attach them to the cheap crap you see lying on the floor.
[Image: 090208_victory_workshop.jpg]

They couldn't afford a real cake so the asked the baker to frost a cardboard box. Looks convincing.
[Image: 090208_victory_cake_01.jpg]

However, it's not very sturdy. Cole could barely keep it from falling apart.
[Image: 090208_victory_cake.jpg]

Finally the cake is on display. The customer on the far right was really pissed when they told him it wasn't a real cake. He bought $1500.00 worth of stuff anyway.
[Image: 090208_victory_cake_02.jpg]

The back room is huge and would be perfect for a DOOM gathering.

Set the date Cole!
[Image: magpie13.gif]