Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best of Enemies (2019)
A black school burns in Durham NC in the 70s and there's a movement to integrate with a white school. Taraji plays Ann Atwater, black single mom activist. Sam Rockwell plays C.P. the local KKK president. They are both put on a committee during a charrette by Babou Ceesay as Bill Riddick. 

I've had dinner with Babou and interviewed him. He was Pilgrim on Into the Badlands. I didn't recognize him until later. I did recognize Anne Heche as Mrs. C.P. Babou was really gentlemanly on the set. He has this booming voice and excellent elocution, almost Shakespearean. 

It was a good role for Taraji despite her fat suit. She occupied it well though, affecting a convincing gait.

We found the story implausible but it was based on a true one, and the real people appeared in the credits. It was a decent tale, predictable and more heartwarming in the end than it needed to be - hard to believe especially in these times.

No sword fights which is a shame because Babou ain't bad with fight scenes (at least not when he's backed by the Badlands crew). Not particularly DOOM recommended.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse