Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Greene, Ratdog, PL&F @ BGC NYE-1 2008 & NYE 2009
jackie greene was the most mediocre i've ever seen him. bobby had moments squeezed in between self-absorbed noodling. caught a monstrous jack straw, an ok shakedown "just gotta poke!", a fair liberty.
phil rocked, plain and simple, with a mighty speedway and terrapin, and more missed because of the workload. twas a grand evening, dead style.

rm was in glorious form. lots of old faces and alibis. the room was extensively decorated with an array of tye-dye to rival our best days at bgc. there was a photo perfect moment at the rm snack table - a star-shaped box of chocolate truffles with cheddar goldfish scattered over it and a can of cheese dip under xmas lights. the nite krew beamed in from all directions, locked & loaded, including LB-SO and her david bowie eyes. had some wild ipr restraints, a 6'6" dude that took six of us and went down right inside our front door (took a long time to work him into the corner), a dude the exploded when we added his brother and gf, kicking and punching madly (my call to bring them over, but who'd a thunk?), many lost lambs. got all the iprs home safely.

looking forward to tonight.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
again, all iprs got home safely. pd & lb received annual rock star awards (an officemax cert, a gold star pin and a reach around) pd for being teh 'spiritual leader' of rm; lb for taking care of lb-so. good show, although mostly a smear in the memory banks right now. went down to warfiled to bring supplies (food), check out clinton (didn't come on until 11:15 so we missed him), cruise market (absurdly fun on nye), but mostly to see the ol' gal under the new boss - new paint job (deep azure), new carpets, new pics (all credited to wolfgang's vault) and a dussting, but little other rennovation. most wouldn't even notice the differences. our old rm station is now filled with the old carpet. the graffiti 'burnt hippies puke here' was crossed out in black spray paint, leaving an awkward smudge on the cement wall. spent midnite in rm serving champagne to rm crew doing restraints. there was some sort of terrapin marionette for the countdown, but all i saw were balloon in the wake. got home at 4:20 am on the nose.
Somewhere there is an alternate universe where PomDaddy is a spiritual leader. Maybe I need sleep.

People who sleep live longer. Don't let the web blink on your way out.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Not only am I spiritual leader for RM (I've solemnized two RM weddings and given the opening blessing for a memorial for one of our founding leaders) I figure I'm spiritual leader of DOOM too (I've solemnized one-and-a-half DOOM weddings - CF & LCF and Peggy O). Welcome, glynch. Welcome to the alternate universe where the Pom Papa ministry reigns supreme.

I just got back from an insomnia workshop at Kaiser. I took a nap during it.
This last year of the decade sure is going to be weird. All hail the Pom Daddy!
...and the dead are touring again. who said you don't really get flashbacks?
Bobby hinted on the radio that he might sit in with Phil. Did it happen?
the hands that guide me are invisible
I caught the beginning of an acoustic set with Phil, Bobby and John Molo on drums on NYE: Me And My Uncle, El Paso, Tomorrow Never Knows, Maggies Farm > Dark Star > Cassidy. I only caught the Uncle and part of the Cassidy. Wish I caught the Dark Star (acoustic?). Ratdog & PL&F melded as the midnight band for the final set.
From a few posts back, how do you solemnize half a wedding? Does the bride believe you while the groom plugs his ears or vice versa?
CF & LCF are full-on DOOM, since they actually post here. Peggy-O is honorary, so she only counts as half (and she hates the net so will never ever post here).
Hates the net? Even the somewhat luddite IY/PPFY has made his peace with the net.
far be it for me to understand her.
I have to call her foolish, in this case at least. I deny her denial. It's totally arbitrary - why not cell phones, or ipods, or ATMs? All of those use computers or have computerish tendencies. If you're going to be a luddite, you can't pick and choose.
I'm sure that will bring her to heel.

Wouldn't it be easier to list things that don't have a computer in them at this point. I know I've got one in my head the CIA uses to track my whereabouts.
i once mentioned the doom forum after she was asking about one of you, or maybe all of you, or at least some of you, when i was getting my locks sheared. she gave that exasperated look of hers and said she wasn't into such web nonsense, or something like that. i even tried to bait her into checking it out saying there were pics of her on the site, but it didn't work. i figured it would a major coup to extract a post from her here, but no. no such luck.