Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doom Gifts
F. I'm sure Tara isn't busy....
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Yessir, it’s a puzzler, alright.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Sadly the torch was not passed intact. It still lights up but it is broken. Perhaps it was sent that way. 

The torch bearer now rests peacefully upon a file cabinet at work for now. I’m tempted to forward him to Legbone, to return him to the land of ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow, to send him home. But he may just stay where he is now. He’s made a friend - a white tiger stuffy one of my masters gave me years ago.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I am saddened to hear of the demise of the torch. Verily, all was intact when Nite-Drop Industries sent it out. I will have words with their shipping department.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Might be superglueable.
(02-26-2018, 12:23 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Might be superglueable.

Totally superglueable.
!!!!YAY!!!
The DOOM gift thread has been found!

I haven't taken inventory from my bag of holding yet, but I did get this:

--tg
Hold on. Don't I have the torch? Didn't I fix it?

Yes. I did. It's on the cabinet above the fridge.

We don't do gifts in the Clan of the Harknii. Same with me & H, except we'll give the gift of time spent with each other; go someplace nice or have a great meal. Which is why I'm writing this in Calistoga in a cottage that has its own hot tub.
Sweet.

It was great and as a bonus, we are still speaking to each other!
(01-02-2006, 04:53 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Our Hawaii trip was our xmas gift to ourselves, so I only got a few gifts.  My boss gave me some primo green tea and this little eyeglass screwdriver kit thing that has a coke spoon as one of the attachments.  I got a singing Xmas mouse at the hostel in Kauai, plus a coffee mug and a bingo game, but I donated them back because I didn't want to pack them home.  I handcarried a Jackie's Kitchen tall beer glass, and that was as fragile as I wanted to get for luggage.

Went the the front of this thread and dug out my post here from 2006 - the year we took Tara to Hawaii.

I still have that eyeglass screwdriver thingy. It has served DM well as a pipe cleaner.

The xmas mouse still lives too. Stacy tried to toss it several times over the years but Tara loves it. She took it home this year to add to her xmas decorations (which includes a 3 ft inflatable Yoda). 

I still have that prized Jackie' Kitchen glass. I've only used it a few times. That's a relic as Jackie closed his restaurant years ago.
We didn't give each other gifts this year. Christina is buying new workout shoes, and I bought a new knit hat in San Diego (being mostly bald, my head gets cold).

A bit off topic, the Chairman Mao lighter that DM gave me lives on and still works. After I gave up smoking, I passed it on to my artist friend Jonathan, who treasures it.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(12-29-2021, 07:23 PM)King Bob Wrote: A bit off topic, the Chairman Mao lighter that DM gave me lives on and still works. After I gave up smoking, I passed it on to my artist friend Jonathan, who treasures it.

Impressive! Mine died years ago. I tried to revive it but failed.

I just got my locks shorn by that Bailey woman who taunted me about missed opportunities past. I’m at collar length now from a fat seagal ponytail. My head is cold now too so it’s all about hats. 

Did I mention I got a new iPhone? Jumped from 6 to 11. I feel evolved.