Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doom Gifts
I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but there was no "Doom Objects" forum, so what the heck, I'll post it here.

I very unexpectedly received a gift from one of the brethren -- I'm very pleased and appreciative to be the recipient of "The Avenging Unicorn Play Set." It contains a poseable Unicorn and three figures for the unicorn to impale on its horn. One of the figures is a mime. Another is a guy who looks remarkably like my boss. And four substitute horns with unique magical powers. Nifty, eh? I now have an impaled mime on my desk. What could be better than that???

Just thought I'd share with you the instructions on the Avenging Unicorn play set:

"Do you believe?

"Unicorns are magical creatures that exist only for those who believe. When they are not frolicking in dewey meadows or posing on windy cliffs, they are helping believers do away with daily annoyances.

"Are you tired of being accosted by the creepy mime who thinks he deserves a quarter for pretending to be trapped in a box? Does that arrogant businessman in the well-pressed suit drive you crazy with loud talking on his cell phone in a crowded elevator? Does the New Age lady at the bookstore get on your neres when she starts rnanting about her latest encounter with an ancient warrior spirit?

"Close your eyes, take a deep breath and summon a unicorn. If you believe in the magic of unicorns with all your hear and soul they will answer your call.

"Magical Horns: Not all unicorn horns are the same! Each one has unique magical powers.

1) Pearlescent: mind control, weather control, super hearing
2) Spiral: illusion casting, superhealing (i.e. turns blood into rose petals)
3) Glow: hypnosis, enhanced agility
4) Chrome: electromagnetism, speed reading, teleportation"
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
...which one you got. I hope it was the chrome one. Speed reading. That's a cool power.
Fortunately, the kit included all four magical horns. Gotta say I'm kind of partial to that whole blood into rose petal alchemy thing. And the mind control. That sounds nifty.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
We only really did gifts for Tara. Our Hawaii trip was our xmas gift to ourselves, so I only got a few gifts. My boss gave me some primo green tea and this little eyeglass screwdriver kit thing that has a coke spoon as one of the attachments. I got a singing Xmas mouse at the hostel in Kauai, plus a coffee mug and a bingo game, but I donated them back because I didn't want to pack them home. I handcarried a Jackie's Kitchen tall beer glass, and that was as fragile as I wanted to get for luggage.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
We got a Dyson as a joint gift from my folks and sister.

If you know what a Dyson is, you are probably as excited as we are and want to invite us over for monthly Dyson parties.

The new Maggimoto Castle was our present to ourselves.

Other than that and the Hedge Knight comics I posted in DOOM books, nothing exciting.
Greg got us a Dyson last year, so I totally understand your excitement. And yes, you're welcome to stop by anytime with your Dyson. There's always more. Always. Constantly.
...and not for the coke spoon necessarily, but not for non-illicit purposes either.

OK, I'm looking into getting a Dyson for the incoming allergy season. Is it worth it? They cost a lot compared to the others but everyone says their really great.
BUT A NEW COMPUTER. G$ LAPTOP WITH 15" SCREEN. MY ONLY PROBLEM SO FAR IS THAT WHEN I TYPE ON THIS FORUM, THE SCREEN IS BLANK AND I LITERALLY CANNOT SEE ANY LETTERS. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS IS TYPING OR NOT UNTIL I HIT SUBMIT. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
since my hands are big, I have a tendency to hit the "caps" key. Dammit.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Try changing the color of the screen perhaps? It might be the settings you have set up makes the font you are typing and the background color the same. Just a thought.

G4 laptops rock!
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
The last thing I want is a computer. I work on a computer all week. I'd be crazy to spend any more time on it at home.

Oh wait....nevermind.

Seriously, I gonna need a serious vacuum this hay fever season.
Remember, it comes with two lifetime filters, not just one.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
So you're saying I should just get a normal high-end vacuum and forget the brand name? The brand name isn't worth it? I've been leaning that direction...
I love the Dyson -- it works really, really great, but i don't know that it works any better than the old Eureka or Hoover we had before we got the Dyson. (before it died). The ad is correct - it doesn't lose suction. And I think the Dyson may wind up being more cost-effective in the long run because of the lifetime filter(s). Replacing the old vacuum's HEPA filters was getting expensive.

One other thought: if a major concern for you is allergens, you probably won't want to be emptying the dust cannister vs. using a bag, and I don't think any of the Dyson models use a bag. Of coure, the bright side is that you don't have dog and cat fur to worry about, so you wouldn't have to empty the dust cannister every four feet like we do. Only takes us about 10 emptyings to vacuum this place...
And a bunny. The bunny lives in our atrium, which isn't so bad, but the cat has free roam of the place, except two cat-free rooms (my rooms, because I'm allergic to cats). That's why we need a new vacuum. Most of our floors are pergo, so it's easy to vacuum. But I'm told that the bags (which is what we use now) aren't quite as effective with allergens as the filters. What do you think?