Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanukkah vs. Christmas
Naturally, I'm a bit biased on this one, but gotta weigh in on the merits of Hanukkah. Decoration chores and post holiday cleanup are minimal. No annoying carolers. No religious service to attend. Family gathering is not mandatory (and after all, since you just had all the trauma associated with Thanksgiving, do you really need another family gathering so soon?). Just light some candles, sing a couple of very short prayers (less than 10 seconds each) and rip open a present. Clean up the wrapping paper, play with toy. Repeat for eight nights. What's not to love? Oh and if you need a little extra entertainment, there's the dreidl game. Of course, the money is all made of chocolate, so the only thing you gain by winning is weight.

I'm playing with my new toy right now - an Omnitech flexible keyboard. It's rubber. It rolls up. It works. Confusedmt102
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Mainly because I get to open up all my Christmas presents days early. No, I can't wait. I've never been able to do. I think last year Hanukkah rolled in around Dec 8th. How's that for sweet. Come revel in my new camera bag that is big enough to sleep two.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Family trauma is required during the holidays - No Exceptions. If you do not have a bizarro high-drama family, or cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you by all of your friends just to keep you from gloating.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Just kidding. I have a kid. It's all about Xmas. Bah Humbug.

Personally, it's all about solstice and NYE.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
DM - apparently you are dating yourself with the Kwanzaa reference; it's a relic of the "Culture Wars" of the 1990s: http://www.reason.com/news/show/130739.html

I think it's time for Saturnalia to make a comeback - it has the best name.
the hands that guide me are invisible
[Image: fail-owned-santa-dreidel-fail.jpg]
strangely i've had more people wish me 'merry christmas' this year than ever.  usually it's more non-denominational. being buddhist, but going thru the xmas motions just to stimulate the economy, i'm triggered.  i guess the war on christmas was lost.  i blame 45's base.  

okay, i'm not really triggered but i do think KB's saturnalia suggestion is on point.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Io Saturnalia!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.