Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Kinda Sucks Now
My viewing list has dwindled to:
Prisonbreak - Story sucks but I really like the actors
Anything with Gordon Ramsey - "You call that risotto? What the f*#k are you thinking?"
Supernatural - Meh - Dee Dee likes it and sometimes it makes me laugh
My Name is Earl - Not as funny as it was, but I'm pretty bigoted against rednecks so it fills that void.
Entourage - only 12 30 minute eps a season so not really a time hog
IT Crowd - Same - and it's my professional duty to watch and enjoy

Granted - I downloaded 'Pushing Up Daisies' and the U.S. version of 'Life on Mars' but haven't got around to diving in.

It's bizarro world when channel surfing and finding The Food Network has the only spontaneously watchable shows.

It's nice to have my evenings free again.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
It's why we have books and forums and espn and online poker and lynda.com.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I downloaded the first two seasons of Dexter, but I'm only watching episodes while I work out. If I want to find out what happens, I have to sweat. The better the story, the more likely I am to work out. And there's something satisfying about watching murder and mayhem while you're slogging miles on the elliptical.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
I'm now looking forward to Scrubs returning next week. Is there anyone that is going to watch the Howie Mandel Hidden camera show? Sweeps is in February. Sweeps is in February.

I could spend this time in some creative pursuit. But If I don't watch the glowing eye, who will?
TV got better once we got the DVR. I look at the listings on Sunday and record what I want to see (mostly movies). You are right, though; most shows are bad.
the hands that guide me are invisible
...but I've always hated Leno. He reminds me a little too much of Greg sometimes. That's not why I hate him tho. I just find Leno too snarkey. I often think "Greg would be better there". That being said, Leno should have totally stuck it to Kanye. It looked like he was almost going to cry with that mother comment. It was like a kindergarten teacher disciplining a little kid. That was a fine moment and worth sitting through the show for.

At least the show is shorter now.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Wow. That seemed backhanded. Why don't I have my own talkshow. Oh, yeah. Inertia. And when did I get snarkey? I thought my wit was rapier sharp and scathing.
Leno is snarkey. That's annoying for a talk show host.

Why don't you have your own talk show? You'd be hecka funnier than Leno.

Honestly I don't know what about him reminds me of you. It's something in the comic timing perhaps. Am I the only one here who sees that? Well, it wouldn't be the first time...
Overweight, greying Irishman, perhaps?

The problem with Leno is that he's got to get blood from the stone every night, five nights a week. And I think that stone ran dry a long time ago.

I'm waiting for Thursday for the return of Bones and Fringe.
...but I love Letterman. He's squeezed that stone dry long ago and he's still funny and relevant. He blew me out with the McCain debacle last year and he's still milking Palin for all she's worth. Now that's entertainment!
Better off Ted goes bye-bye:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sidereel.com/_post/189330">http://www.sidereel.com/_post/189330</a><!-- m -->

--tg
The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. No need to watch anything else after hours. Brilliant!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I've been shamelessly addicted to reruns of Star Trek TNG. They've been showing them at 11 on KOFY TV 20 and it gets me through the gap of news to late night talk shows. I know, I know. I can stop at any time. Just not right now.

Hello, my name is drunk monk and I'm a trekkie.
Confusedmt100 Confusedmt072
It's Trekker, get it right. Not that I would know.
Only Trekkies call themselves "Trekkers".
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.