Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Mayer, Phil & Friends, NYE 2005/2006
Wow, what a night. I'm sore and bruised. That was like the old days of the Grateful Dead Rock Med Space Station. The Jedi Night Krew was in full force. More to come...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
You know you're sore when you hurt more the second day after than the first day after. I've got some good bruises on my left wrist and right knee. And my back tells me I've been wrestling a lot. It's going to be a motrin day.
A motrin day?

The most abused drug in the World? Acetominiphan.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I seldom take ibuprofen anymore. I used to moreso when I taught kung fu, but then I read all this long term damage stuff on it and backed off. Actually, the long term damage is probably more from source of the pain, not the med.

I'm still reeling from the show. We had so many weird situations at rock med - it was truly over-the-top. Personally, the best takedown of the night for me was the one that was just me and Legbone up one this 300+ lb raging tripper who had just jumped off the balcony and landed on several bystanders causing a multiple severe head injuries. A close second was when we swarmed in on a tripper who was in the midst of a huddle of over half a dozen cops drawing their cuffs. We got in between him and the cops, got him contained, then the cops all dogpiled on top of us. There was more to both of these, but I'm feeling a little confidentiality bound right now, and it's not appropriate for me to post details.
I guess we'll just have to read about it in your memoirs.
I'll tell you all the secrets when intoxicated. Otherwise what would the point be of getting intoxicated? I'll even tell you about this wicked prank I played on Legbone involving me in a santa suit and a rented limo.

I feel much better today. My bruises have already healed. My neck is still a little stiff and my head still aches and I could use some more sleep, but that's no big.

There was also a situation where a quadreplegic driver lost control of his van, drove it up on the sidewalk and took out a tree right in front of the venue and right next to our access door. Weird.
I've worked Rock Med two maybe three times and the cool things never happen. I spent most of the time on my shifts listening to you guys talk about the wierd stuff. With the exception of the tripper finding fault with his clothing and removing and the girl who wanted to fly, it was all pretty peaceful.

I might have to do more shows to garner further evidence but for I now I stand staunch in my disbelief.
The show was actually very unsettling, if not downright disturbing. The whole tripper off the balcony episode was intense. We've had trippers go over the balcony before, but never like that. I remember taking him down quite vividly. Legbone and I were among the first respondants on the scene. LB found the tripper who was sitting down. I asked the guy on the top of the heap what happened. He said someone just jumped of the balcony on him and was clearly in shock. As I was trying to comprehend that, the tripper jumped up and screamed and Legbone sidestepped a bit to dodge him, but stayed as close as he could. The guy was bigger than Legbone, sweating and moving very fast. He spun around us both and started to dart into the crowd. I yelled 'take him down!' and dove after his left arm and leg, trusting that Legbone had his right. He did. I tell you this, in those situations, Legbone and I always know we have each other's back. For a long while (or so it seemed), it was just restraining this huge flailing dude because everyone else was working on the head traumas. Somebody eventually helped us with the legs, but he kept falling off - it would have been better if it was just Legbone and me. But we were both tired from previous takedowns, and my grip was slipping. Just in time, we got back up from one of our larger veterans, barfbucket Bob. What a freak scene!
When are you going to get your cool Rock Med nickname, Gene. Or are you just Legbone's sidekick?

Did I mention the one about the guy getting capped outside our construction warehouse?
but none of them stuck. drunk monk is actually the most lasting. one that came and went quickly was 'emperor ching'. there was also a 'the ninja' phase, but that was years ago and very short lived.

i think i'm more known for the company i keep at rock med: the jedi knight krew, the dub lounge, lap80 productions, shaolin rasta.

you said nothing about someone getting capped. what happened?