Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Electric Cat at House of Blues 9/4/08
Oh my god, I heard live music.

Sort of.

Okay, the NAPP president, Scott Kelby has a band. The band played at the hotel during the photoshop conference. It was mixture of 70's and 80's classic rock hits. Granted, Scott plays the Keyboards like an old timer hunts and pecks at the keyboard, but the lead guitarist wasn't horrible and Scott's wife , the lead singer, could kind of carry a tune. The Queen and I got to stand right at the stages edge. Mainly, because it was the only clear spot when we arrived. Everyone else was standing in line for the bad food. The Queen got hit on by a very nice lady from Milwaukee. I played be tall and block the photographers. Since it was a photoshop convention, there were a lot of photographers. Fortunately, they didn't play for long.

Since you asked, here is the partial playlist:

Separate Ways by Journey
Play that funky Music, White Boy.
Word up by Chic or Korn
Alone by Heart
Burning Love by Elvis
Baby, Love not the Supreme song

I do leave the house. I do go to concerts. sort of.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I would have liked to hear "Big Electric Cat"...

[youtube]gFvS1RcK7o8[/youtube]

--tg
Damn. We're sorry this video is no longer available. I'm sure it would have been great.
Strange...It's available if you watch it right on YouTube's site:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvS1RcK7o8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvS1RcK7o8</a><!-- m -->

Also if you search there for "Big Electric Cat" you can videos from the band you saw...

--tg
Yeah, but.... See there is probably a really good version of Big Electric Cat with Adrian Belew. That would probably be very good to see. Unfortunately, I saw the Big Electric Cat that had three geeks from NAPP and no Adrian Belew. I'm thinking there are two bands out there with the same name derived from the Blade Runner title. One has released albums. I saw the other. Not that mine wasn't fun, it just wasn't the one you are thinking of.
You were at HoB last Thursday? Not the one at Downtown Disney, was it? We were staying at the Disneyland Hotel from 9/2 to 9/4.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Nope. Elsewhere in the travel section you will read I was in Vegas on the dates mentioned. I was at the HoB in the Mandalay Bay hotel. But we were together in spirit, I'm sure.
nevermind.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse