Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tara Wisdom
Wow. Just...wow. Two extraordinary people raised an extraordinary child. You guys made the world a better place.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
It was all the good vibes at our wedding.
Ya know, DM, it's people like you who, uh, well, uh....

What Yeti said.
I'm nobody's pony.
Congratulations, breeder. You do good work. Mrs. DM might have helped, too.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

'This summer has no chill' 

I wanted a more mellow summer for Tara before college but life moves on. I've been poaching her quote incessantly lately.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Something something regrets something something

After one of the most difficult weeks I can remember, I just received my birthday gift from Tara (she says it's from Shiva the cat but I know Shiva can't order on Amazon or we'd have drowned in catnip and cat toys). It brought me great joy. 

The gift is Les Diners de Gala, a gorgeous Taschen edition of Dali's cookbook. I didn't even know he wrote a cookbook.  It's fascinating, filled with photos, paintings and sketches, several I've never seen before. Like damn, I've studied this guy for decades and am still discovering new work, this one courtesy of my daughter's cat.  I can't really eat any of the recipes.  They are gourmet meat dishes mostly, slow cooking and complicated. There's a chapter devoted just to frogs and snails.  

Happy Friday.
The following are excerpts from texts we exchanged this morning: 

Quote:heard about the garlic festival shooting, how are you all doing?

apparently one of the shooters used to be in my class at mount madonna- before i was there though

one of them left mountmadonna after eighth grade

he was both a shooter, and was shot

emma (who went to india with me, lily’s older sister) was at the festival as well, but got home safely

santino leagan

he was there the day i shadowed

I’m okay, the people in the class who knew him are quite distressed. I’m a little in shock but am removed enough that it doesn’t really effect me

its just a very surreal situation

Santino Willaim Legan, the Gilroy shooter, was 19 and would've been in Tara's class had he not dropped out just before she enrolled.  His brother Carlos was in the class above hers and we all know him.  I don't remember their family beyond that.
Yikes. Ugg.

Stacy talked to one of Tara’s classmates who is working downtown for the summer. She was shocked too of course. The Mt Mad community is all shocked.

As a side note, our TC IT knows one of the victims who was shot but not killed. He doesn’t know him well but saw him post ‘I got shot’ on his social media. He shared his story first thing this morning. At that time, I had no idea I would have a closer connection.

This one struck way too close to home.
Talked to Tara last night.  She actually remembers the shooter.  When she shadowed, all the class were giving little presentations about their interests. He stuck out to her because his was on guns.  Several of her friends knew him very well.  Her ex-bf (who is still a very close friend of hers - she bought him some super cool d&d dice at sdcc) knew him and is rather shook.  Another old friend of hers who dropped out in her sophomore year but lived in our 'hood was really close to him.  

She's okay with it all.  It's just super surreal.  Stacy and I are freaking out more.  Most of DOOM don't have cubs so you don't really know what it's like searching for safe places to raise your kids.  Mt Mad seemed so safe.  But no, not even.  Fortunately, and not to be punny, we just dodged that bullet again.  I'm having PTSD though over when I enrolled her in a Kung Fu class and that instructor later got busted for molestation.  

These are dark times.
Some positive news because we so need that now.

Tara has been working at the hip UCSD cafe at Muir. They remodelled this year, repainted and such, and she was selected as the first artist to display there.  She already sold her first piece.  She sold it to a regular customer, but she doesn't really know her beyond that. She's been tapped now to do a live painting on stage while a band plays for the college parent's day.  They plan to sell the piece somehow after and she'll get all the cash.

I've always wanted to have my art shown in a cafe but never amassed enough to do that.  I've also never sold my art to a stranger, only to friends really.  I've also always wanted to paint live on stage - they do that at Cali Roots and I've often wondered how to get that job.  Tara is achieving my dreams.  

Here's her art instagram fyi - https://www.instagram.com/tara.project/
Awesome.

Nice work.

Yes, very nice.  Gaining a body of work at a surprising clip.
I'm nobody's pony.