Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forum Updates
They send me lot's of pesky messages about needing to update the forum for security purposes. I gave in. I updated. Here is the result. I put lot's of new themes in the theme box, so pick one. You don't have to stick with this one.

All your posts are here, too. The old site is still up but you can't add posts to it. But why would you want to add posts when all those posts are here.

Yes, it took me all frickin day and lots of hoop jumping to get it working.

I hope you like it :toimonster:
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
There was a problem with the MySQL server this morning. This meant the forum couldn't connect to the database, hence you couldn't find it. Of course whenever I can't find the forum, especially after I've just updated it, I think I've broken the forum and lost it and there will be anger. But it wasn't me.

Ha! Wasn't even worried for a second.
Oh hamster master,

I notice the embedded Youtube links in various forum posts are no longer embedded. Is this a "magic throw switch" that you fiddle behind the curtain, or is this part of the iron fisted security crack down imposed by the phpBB overlords?

--tg
Yes. Overlords are keeping us under their mighty thumbs. Or maybe I need to add embed to the acceptable html code. I'm going with the overlords bit, though.
If you get the youtube v-code, you can just post it using the youtube BBCode. Just click the youtube button above and past the code after the v in the youtube url. What could be easier?

I love the new board.
Like this?

Code:
[youtube]v=O5FZZxJPbSo[/youtube]

[youtube]v=O5FZZxJPbSo[/youtube]

--tg
Leave out the = but yes.
I see a new "Travel" forum, and yet, and yet....I am denied! Must I present my passport and visas before being allowed entry? I assure you that I have had my shots.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I think it might be a Yeti free Zone. But let me look into it before you get too excited
Now, it might work. Tricky the new forum remains.
Two days in a row I've been online with the google bot. Today this joy is shared by the DM. What bliss.
i've been trying to post this for minutes and it keeps crashing. jeez, if i wanted that, i'd go back to work.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Maybe you should mention this to the Queen. She just switched her forum ( of course the Queen has a forum) to vbulletin. Crashes could be in her future.
man, either the glynch needs some means of gainful employ or dm needs to get over his current bout of writer's block. too many posts today.

long live the queen!
[youtube]MMz-wi50ACU[/youtube]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
If we share this nightmare
Then we can dream
Spiritus mundi

If you act as you think
The missing link
Synchronicity

I just made a post in media without seeing the above post. Weird.