Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spamalot
Drunk Monk Wrote:well this fizzled. anyone ever get tickets? i did email scott and he was open to it. he said he tried to log on here but gave up for some reason.

I blew my ticket wad on Leonard Cohen.

I still want to go, but I need to re-evaluate my calendar. July is starting to look good...
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Idle's loving rip off - it's freakin' sacrilege - far worse than Spock & Uhura hooking up. Dennis becomes Galahad? Lancelot comes out? And the Lady of the Lake (Merle Dandridge) totally stole the show (John O'Hurley was barely up to filling Chapman's armor). Nevertheless, it was hysterical in that Idle-Rutland-Dirty-Week-Road-to-Mars-narrator-of-Ella-Enchanted sort of way. It was packed with lots of quick wit references to classic MP, Broadway shows and politricks. I was amazed how many people cheered the arrival of those timeless plot devices - the black knight, the knights who say 'ni' & 'sarah palin', and "one rabbit stew coming right up!" Did they really know MP? Who cares? Idle celebrates and skewers Broadway with Excaliburian precision. The Frenchman taunting was like MP on steroids. Cleese voicing God as the infamous stomping foot was brilliant and helluva lot better than his role in Pink Panther 2. Defaulting to Always Look on the Bright Side of Life was cheesey in that way only Idle could be, as was peppering it all with showgirls.

As a dad day gift, Mrs. Dm & T presented me with two tix, one for me and one for my daughter, for the last day of the run. T was on the edge of her seat, clapping and laughing. It's her first real exposure to MP and we plan to rent MP&tHG soon. While it would have been fun to be chortling over nostalgic riffs that we all still know by heart, turning T on to MP was absolutely priceless.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse