Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Greene @ Fillmore 4/10/8
I was at the press screening for Forbidden Kingdom which CF recounted so well. Right after, I crossed Geary to my fav haunts, the Fillmore for another Jackie. Jackie Greene has been sitting in with Phil Lesh (see previous posts) and this kid is hot. He's a wicked guitarist and keyboardist - a young master of traditional rock and blues. Great voice, great crowd - the ideal demographic as we say at the 'Mo - they buy 4 drinks and don't fall over.

Phil sat in for encore #1, Sugaree to some Jackie song about falling in love with a Mexican girl (not Mexicali Blues). Then Jackie closed for encore #2, solo acoustic. The show ended only 10 minutes behind schedule which pleased the 'Mo crew even more.

Greene rocks. He evokes a young Dylan, or a driving Tom Petty, but he's got a fully formed sound that's entirely his own. When with Phil, he can jam with the best of them. Without Phil, he's not as jam band like, more a traditional rocker which would probably appeal to the rest of you lot (musicians excepted). DM gives him high recommendations.

It's good to see a new talent emerge.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse