Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat Fest 2008
The Yeti is here in town. We are touring the culinary capitals of this fair city. Okay, we went to the Pantry and Langers, a famous Deli here in Los Angeles. It's not for the faint of heart or High Cholesterol. This morning eggs cheese and bacon. Lunch, delicious pastrami on rye, some had cheese.

Both events were attended by Mr. Derek Cotton who had to ride the pine due to a visit from Montezuma. It will be better manana when we head for the valley and a visit to the Doctors. I hear the whatever you called it, rising in the Yeti already.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
When the "whatever you called it" rises to fruition, it could blow a door off it's hinges. For the love of god, don't strike a match!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Meat-A-Palooza2008 was a (wait for it....) roaring success!

Friday night: Bar-B-cue at a new (to us) place called "Beans". Yes, "Beans".
Food was great and the neighborhood wasn't. Cask-strength whisky-tasting afterwards @ Chez D&M's.

Saturday morning: The Pantry. The menu has not changed since it was opened in the 1930's. Neither has the oil for the fries. Yum!

Saturday lunch: Langer's. Best pastrami I have ever had (yes, I have had pastrami in New York).

Saturday evening: Prime Rib at the wedding reception at Tam O'Shanter in Glendale. One pitiful salad as well. Whisky, too.

Sunday breakfast was really lunch at a standard "California cuisine" place.

Sunday dinner was another "Plate o' Mass Extinction" at The Doctor's.

Basically, any vegan within 50 feet of us started weeping uncontrollably. It was a goooooood weekend. Today, I received a note from teh EPA saying that I may have to purchase some "carbon credits" to offset my emissions.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.