Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ninjas vs. pirates
2/22 is Ninja Day. 2 = ni in Japanese. nini implies ninja (although it's something quite different in Chinese).

Did you miss Ninja Day? A lot of people did. 'cuz it's ninjas.

Ninja
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Quote:The prestigious university counts among its alumni Nobel laureates, leaders of science and industry, and a fleet of certified swashbucklers.
[Image: MIT_feature.jpg?resize=865%2C452]
MIT offers a "pirate certificate" to students who complete four physical education courses.
Get a pirate certificate
I'm nobody's pony.
Happy International Day of the Ninja!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Yay! Thanks for the reminder!
Thank Twitter. Although I couldn't find any pictures of that French group that celebrates.

Well, those ninja frogs are catching on then...

[Image: International-Ninja-Day-1-740x716.jpg]
Happy International Ninja Day for all those who celebrate!

Quote:
[Image: website-feature---international-ninja-da...mber-5.png]
INTERNATIONAL NINJA DAY - December 5
INTERNATIONAL NINJA DAY
International Ninja Day recognizes the fascination associated with the history and pop culture of the ninja. 
#InternationalNinjaDay
Ninjas first appeared around the year 600. Historically, they served samurai warriors. They spied on or assassinated an enemy. While some sources suggest they were fallen samurai, most point to the common man - and woman. They walked among the farmers and servants of everyday life.
However, the skills of a ninja were passed down from generation to generation. If a father were a ninja, then he would likely train his son or daughter to be one, too.
In Japan, museums focus on ninja history and lifestyle.
  • Ninja Museum of Igaryū - The museum features the tools of the trade, demonstrations, and residences.
  • Kōka Ninja Village - Attend ninja camp and challenges. Tour the museum and many more facilities.

Novels and films have brought the way of the ninja to the mainstream. From Japanese action films to animated turtles, ninja movies covered the spectrum. Spy novels, comic books, and series captured the imaginations of every age. Their mystery fed storylines across genres until ninja became a genre all its own.

HOW TO OBSERVE INTERNATIONAL NINJA DAY
Celebrate the day by learning more about ninjas. Read about their history or watch a ninja documentary. Try to move as quietly and as quickly as a ninja. Share your ninja tricks and secrets with someone. Learn a martial art.
  • Ninjas Secret History Of The Ninja Uncovered Full Documentary - National Geographic
  • In Search of the Ninja: The Historical Truth of Ninjutsu by Antony Cummins

Use #InternationalNinjaDay to post on social media.

INTERNATIONAL NINJA DAY HISTORY
Ninja Burger created International Ninja Day n 2003 as a way to celebrate the Ninja speed with which their burgers are delivered.
I'm celebrating but no can see it.

[Image: dotnsml.gif]

(02-24-2015, 04:09 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: 2/22 is Ninja Day.  2 = ni in Japanese. nini implies ninja (although it's something quite different in Chinese). 

Did you miss Ninja Day?  A lot of people did.  'cuz it's ninjas.  

There are actually 3 ninja days: today, 2/22 (just prior to my birthday) and a third I cannot reveal lest I catch a shuriken to the face…
I don't even have my Ninja Day cards ready.

Going to have to play the Ninja Academy music catalog...

--tg
(12-05-2023, 12:10 PM)thatguy Wrote: Going to have to play the Ninja Academy music catalog...

--tg

Well played, tg, FTW!