Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Doom Dreams
Reoccurring dreams usually imply something persistent that you need to resolve or an underlying fear. Not sure how that applies to your twin dream houses, but it is interesting that you discover them through a closet. 

I got heavy into Jungian dream analysis when I was majoring in psych. Did the dream journal and all that. Got weird tho so I backed off. And the psychedelics mess with dreamtime in oblique ways. Hard to describe that exactly but there is some fundamental neurotransmitter chemistry that supports this claim.

But back to recurring dreams, I've been having one that's been bothering me lately. I wake up thinking I forgot my mission and spend my waking moments trying to remember. It's disturbing because it's a major mission - world shaking somehow. For a while I was dismissing it by dubbing it as my Manchurian candidate dream, but it's taken a more alien turn lately, as if my mission was implanted or from some other dimension - it's almost Lovecraftian sometimes. Eh, it's prolly just the drugs.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Dammit. Why did I post that just before bed before an international flight? Slept for an hour, woke to weird flashing eyelid movies, and now I'm tweaking with pre-flight brain circuses. Screw the mission. I need to sleep now.
I vote drugs.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

The odd thing is that, despite my more colorful posts here, I've been rather sober of late.  Maybe it's the drugs wearing off.  Maybe it was the drugs that made me forget the mission.  It's kind of American Ultra.
It's the drugs.

I think the drugs are suppressing my memory of the mission.  I'm sure the enemies of the mission are keeping me sedated so I cannot complete it.  It's as tough mission, one that will require great personal sacrifice, and if I'm successful, it'll change the world as we know it.  

You know what?  That sounds like a lot of work.  Just give me the drugs please.
At this point, how do you know when you are being sedated

When you board the plane, glance in the cockpit.
You'll see Marlon Brando and Samuel L. Jackson.

They know the mission.  They'll get you where you need to be.

Just make certain that when Samuel L. Jackson comes on the intercom and tells everyone to fasten their seat-belts to the radiator, do so.

I doubt you'll understand Brando if he has anything to say.
I'm nobody's pony.
(11-28-2017, 05:50 PM)Greg Wrote: At this point, how do you know when you are being sedated

Honestly, how do any of us know anymore?  How long can you keep up with the 'fake news' before sedation sets in?

(11-28-2017, 07:18 PM)cranefly Wrote: Just make certain that when Samuel L. Jackson comes on the intercom and tells everyone to fasten their seat-belts to the radiator, do so.

Samual L. mothafeckin Jackson was present with me on the flight.  More to come on that...
(11-27-2017, 11:48 AM)cranefly Wrote: What a great concept, having a dream home that falls into disrepair if you don't dream about it often enough -- then doubling down by having two dream homes.
But I gotta warn you: It's going to complicate your tax return.

Fascinating. I have a recurring dream where I've got lots more animals to take care of than the dogs and cats we currently have, and then I suddenly remember even more animals I've adopted in past dreams and haven't been taking care of. I go to find them (usually in closets or sheds we don't have) and they're always okay -- healthy, well-fed, not hurting -- but I feel horribly guilty for not having been with them.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
I was trapped in the ouroboros of dreams last night. It starred Jake Tapper. (And yes, wanted to post this so I could use ouroboros of dreams)

Basically I am at some southwestesque airlines and I have a million bags and Jake Tapper (Of CNN fame) pulls me out of line to check something out and I lose my place. So I figure I will now get the worst seat on the plane. And then the language starts to get recursive where all the dialogue is basically Jake Tappers name in place of every word. Much like they doing in Being John Malkovich where all the Malkovich's just keep saying Malkovich.

It just went on and on,

I'm tired of dreams that make me happy to be awake.

Greg & I are researching something at a church. He goes in to the service. I stay out with some noisy kids and a guy playing a banjo with an odd forked-tongue shaped neck. The service ends and someone comes out saying there’s cake. I realize I look sketchy, hair long and disheveled in a big black trench, so I head to my car. The banjo player also disappears. The parking lot which was full is now empty and I struggle to find my car, worried that it was stolen. Then there’s a big explosion and water comes flooding form the church. I’m talking to a stranger who is next to my car, but it’s not my car. Then I find my car with Greg and ED and another non-DOOM friend (another Marc but with a C). Greg and ED recount the water burst in the church and the preachers descent to aqua hell.

I wake up happy because I have something to post here better than Greg’s Tapper nightmare.
Glad I could help.

Last night involved dreaming about getting up for the photo shoot of the full moon. I had plans to get up early to actually shoot the full moon so that played in with my brain playing around with what was going to be happening.

Maybe you watch too much Preacher, exploding church boy?

Preacher is on hiatus until season 3. I was trying to use American Gods as as my methadone show but I lost interest.
DM, I think TG has a banjo....
the hands that guide me are invisible