Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Doom Dreams
Technically, I have a banjo.  I bought it for my dad many years ago, long before he had his stroke.  He always loved banjo.  He taught himself how to play our toy keyboard - not well, but he had fun doing it.  So I bought him a banjo one birthday.  I don't know if he ever really noodled with it or not.  So I suppose I've inherited it now.  I don't think my mom got rid of it.  My mom doesn't get rid of much.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm giving a fencing demonstration in a giant gym. I start with foil and go really slowly. For some reason the crowd enjoys it. I then have to switch to epee. But I don't have an epee. I ask one gentleman I know for an epee. but he gives me one with an old fashioned bronze guard. I try to get him to give me one of the epee's with normal guards that I can plainly see in his bag. He refuses.

While I go to look for the epee I get a text message telling me it is all well and good that I am giving a foil. It would be better if I actually moved back and forth during the epee lesson.

I then ask the Yeti for one. He hands me a foil he has just glued and tells me not to let the blade unbend while he goes to get me a proper epee. I can watch the wire pop in and out of it's groove while he goes to get the epee.

Can't imagine why I am dreaming of fencing lessons.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I really need to cut back on the dreams that involve the Brotherhood. Although in this one, ED does pop in wearing a very nice cloak. But it's mostly about attending yet another fencing tournament. This time DM is there. I help him with a gift for G2. I wrap the gift after watching his miserable attempt.

Dreams like this are why I get out of bed.

I’m have lots of very vivid and bizarre dreams, but none involving the Brotherhood. Obviously, I’m not seeing enough of you IRL.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
I never dream of fencing and I sure as hell never dream about you lot.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(01-30-2018, 12:45 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Preacher is on hiatus until season 3. I was trying to use American Gods as as my methadone show but I lost interest.

American Gods rambled on but the last 2 episodes were great, especially about the importance of Easter.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
(03-01-2018, 06:44 PM)El Dingo Wrote: American Gods rambled on but the last 2 episodes were great, especially about the importance of Easter.

Not going back. Way too much in the queue. And Easter has lost its appeal to me anyway.
I'm in an Irish Pub with an Irish gentleman (not a Lynch).  We just got served guinnesses and his is pee yellow.  My pint glass is half full.  We both complain.  But as mine cascades, it expands, and slowly fills.  Fade to me being in line for a premiere Star Wars film with ...ED!  ED somehow managed to get his ticket ahead of time.  I go to the box office and they sell me a last minute ticket.  ED's ticket is for 7:10, mine is for 7:55.  We're a bit bummed but then start thinking we can probably Jedi our way in so that we can sit together.  ED rushes in to save me a seat.  I leave the mall where the premiere is, and on the way out, I see a piece of paper saying something about a patient in Rock Med.  I figure it's leftover from some previous show.  The line for the movie goes through a dirt lot, much like a festival, and I see some old signage for JAH Med stuck to a pylon.  I think 'this would be great to instagram' and whip out my iPhone but it's showing me icons in Spanish and seems locked on instagram stories vids.  I try to clear it as the line moves, to take the photo before I go in.  I wake up around 4, but only bother to post in the 4:20 thread so I can hustle back to sleep for another hour, making a mental note to remember this and post it here.
Quote:Don't you hate it when people tell you their dreams? You know they say
Things like, "I had this dream and there was this man and he was my
Father. Oh no wait wait, he was my uncle! Oh, no no wait he was my father
No. Wait I'm not sure." And you say, "Please don't tell me your dream!"
But they go on anyway, "Yes I think he was my father and he had this
Bloody severed head." They're telling you the dream like it's a movie you
Might want to see sometime and not something that's happening only in
The back of their own head
Laurie Anderson & Kronos Quartet - Dreams - Landfall
Agreed. Please nuke this thread and get some help, you weirdos.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Well alright. I was going to share my dream of PPFY and quadrupedic knickers, but #1 I didn’t dream of that and #2 I wouldn’t want to lead PPFY on any more than I have for, oh so many many years (this door just don’t swing that way, pal, no matter how many Folsom club windows we knickers up in).

Actually I had another dream involving music festivals. Usually that means I’m getting that festival itch (ew, I know) but I’m sure it’s due to starting work on a CEU psych crisis response program for SF through RM (as if I don’t already have enough on my plate right now). 

Ohhhh that was a rant, and I haven’t even got out of bed yet.
Instead of “DOOM Dreams” this thread should be called “DM’s House of Knicker Worship”. Then it should be nuked.

Weirdos.
I just googed ‘knicker worship’

Interesting

Very interesting

Let me research this a little more and then I’ll reply with a witty comeback...
From Orbit. Just to be sure.

Back to recurring dream settings and leaving DM's Dreams of tighty whiteys.

I have a lot of dreams set in a National Park of some sort. Not a specific one. I just know the location is National Park. There's a mountain in the park that has a waterfall and skiing. I've been up the chairlift several times and I've also hiked to the top.

Last night we were driving around. HK was there buying a poster in the gift shop. I was making a movie with two cameras one of which I could adjust very well since it was hidden under a pile of stuff. But the Yeti was in the film smoking cigarettes to keep awake.

I've been watching too much Stro footage and flipping over to the Yellowstone Old Faithful Web Cam