Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haggis eaters vs. non-Haggis eaters
Perhaps this should go under debates, but we're trying to promote the new forum here.

Who are the DOOM haggis eaters? Out of respect, we'll consider the veg haggis as not true haggis so the participants in Happy DOOM year 2008 don't count.

TQ just confessed to having haggis at Loch Ness. PPFY & HK are haggis connoisseurs, and can recommend the best U.S brands. ED & DM are vegetarian, but if Dm was ever in Scotland, he might try some, just to slake the curiosity inspired by Monty Python.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
c'mon, fess up, you all have been having a secret haggis craving ever since that abomination of a veggie haggis was served, haven't you? Nothing to be ashamed of now...well, OK, it actually is a little shameful, but only a little....
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
My parents took a package tour in the UK at the same time as my brother and I were there traveling around on our own. We met them in Edinburgh and their tour director let us into a dinner show (highland dancing etc.) complete with piping in the haggis and the Burns poem.

I thought the haggis was very tasty, kind of like a mutant meatloaf. My father (who loved liver, and whom I once saw eat sour and lumpy milk on his cereal) didn't like it, which I thought was out of character for him. Plus neither he nor my mother like Scotch, so I drank theirs as well. All in all a good night.

But where can you get haggis in the US? Otherwise the question is moot.
the hands that guide me are invisible
You used to be able to order them from The Ministry of Food in San Jose. HK will know more about this than I. I did have a very good one out of Texas last year. The USDA won't allow them to be imported into the US as they are "unfit for human consumption".
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
My brither gets hie haggi from somewheer local, but I dinna knoo wither. No doobt some greet lad wha mekes it a' fra scratch, y'see.

Still an all, "unfit for yon human consumption" right sums it oop, dinna?
I can't imagine I'd even know about haggis if it weren't for Monty Python. It was such a running joke with them. So I'd probably try it if I were in the Isles. I don't think I'd be up for some American backyard-made stuff and especially not the Texas stuff.

Never ceases to amaze me what America deems as fit or unfit for human consumption. We can eat mcnuggets but not haggis? That's horribly horribly wrong.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The wonderful names Chinese tourists have given British attractions
Quote:These are some of the best (with their literal English translations):

The Shard - A tower allowing us to pluck the stars from the sky

Highland Games - Strongman Skirt Party

Lulworth Cove - Waves Kissing Bay

Knightsbridge - A place filled with things to attract yuppies and fashionable ladies

The Needles - Poseidon’s Trident Teeth of the Sea

Harrogate - A place full of pleasant fragrance

Malt Whisky - Trail Fragrant Liqueur Lane

Sherwood Forest - Forest of Chivalrous Thieves

Brecon Beacons - Starry Sky So Clear it Talks to You

Bristol Balloon Fiesta - A place where love flies to cloud nine

University Boat Race - Boffins’ Boat Race

Cerne Abbas Giant - Big White Streaker

The Lake District - Mountain Lakes Get You Drunk

Savile Row - Custom-made for Rich People Street

Balmoral Castle - Castle of Love from Outer Space

Haggis - Baa Baa Pudding

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch – Healthy Lung Village

(On the basis that it can only be pronounced by those with sufficient breath)

https://www.indy100.com/article/the-wond...x1943qrY2e
I'm nobody's pony.