Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reggae covers
This genre really deserves its own thread.

Alpha Blondy
Whole Lotta Love 

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I have a couple of albums that are mostly older reggae covers, so nothing recent, but some good stuff. David Lindley wasn't the first one to do this song reggae:
the hands that guide me are invisible
Lindley wasn't the first, but his version was fire.

Bring on the oldies. Those were the best.
Here’s one
You Don’t Love Me, no, no, no
Beyonce

I saw this live. My first Beyonce concert. It won me over.
The Sound of Silence
Luciano

Cher

Reggae medley 

I remembered this today. It's a classic. So good. I think I first heard it when I saw the video on MTV. (I think they were showing Buffalo Soldier around that time as well.)

Perhaps a bit more rocksteady than reggae, but nice - and some good guitar licks in there
This one's for DM: His mention of her made me look at some of her albums that I don't have and I found this (with Sly & Robbie and the Compass Point All-Stars) -
Woke up this morning feeling anal [yeah, I know, that sounds bad] so I moved your post to the appropriate thread. Nice find.

Which Grace Jones albums do you have? I must investigate her reggae more. I don't have any - I just tune in on Spotify.
Almost posted that here, but without the chunka chunka guitar not everyone would notice it's reggae.

I've got Nightclubbing (has "Pull Up to the Bumper," "Walking in the Rain" and "Demolition Man") and Island Life (a compilation, has the previous plus "Private Life," "Love is the Drug," "Slave to the Rhythm" and some others, but the sound quality is not the best) Mostly those are more funk than reggae, but Sly & Robbie play it so well that I think it's some of their best work.

Right now I'm on eBay looking at Private Life: the Compass Point Sessions since it's got all that stuff plus a better version of "Slave to the Rhythm," and also has "Warm Leatherette," "She's Lost Control" (a Joy Division cover), "Breakdown" and a couple of dub versions that I'm curious about. Plus it's a double album AND it's been remastered.
Had a dilemna on where to post this - here or here http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=8053

Went here because it had one less post on the thread.

Grateful Dub - Scarlet Begonias

They're playing at Felton soon...
Lovely Rita

U-Roy

Bitter Dregs

Spock

A remix but amusing nonetheless