Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's my martial arts world
I remember a friend of Christina's was trying to learn Irish. I took a look at her textbook once. The Roman alphabet fits poorly. And they don't use enough diacritical marks to make it easier.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Shillelagh making can be a shitty job...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shillelagh

Quote:The less frequent methods were to bury the shank in a dung pile, or in slaked lime.[4] The stick may require protection from its dung bath by being wrapped in well-greased oiled brown paper (steeped in hog's lard or oil).[12]

--tg
(10-17-2022, 10:47 AM)King Bob Wrote: I remember a friend of Christina's was trying to learn Irish. I took a look at her textbook once. The Roman alphabet fits poorly. And they don't use enough diacritical marks to make it easier.

I've taken a stab at the language a couple of times. But a lot of times the pronunciation makes no sense to me. Not a lot of logic to it.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I had to look up how to pronounce Bataireacht. From the audio guide I hear it sounds like Bettera with a very soft ch on the end.

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
If I'm not mistaken, Iron Crotch has made it to SNL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JEBX9JYco-4&t=2m40s

--tg
Saw that. Only watched because the still frame was that kick. I’ll post this on KFM tomorrow..
From Facebook:

Quote:
Laurie Anderson
[/url]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/LaurieAnderson/posts/718197862994971?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARADkYHSxG3UiuSBRp-U9zS-GCJydNsJtn6is6bTWsosxW4vAOh_f4yJwQK6fBaUz7MQyfMXSf9HyHIHUVi7NVIks7jzK-caX35OwK9d37VzAHVeFya9I4kuIzsw8tIMSMUd0e29_8HRZNRfHn9vBA-DrN4fTogfDjJ1pcriMb0aLmHIgc1rpoPGQzA3Q1BEf1fpM2gLkbAb2cOM8XL58uICAA6yr9fTaOFyY69DiViSkwCmd82sgfrutQMFFYBmUXotHcHefHnFlAxHnizUVHbqc-b3l_zTQSC8gKMMLlM5rHSrnGg&__tn__=-R]14h
 · 

The Art of the Straight Line is a book of essential wisdom covering Tai Chi, mindfulness, creativity and the art of living and dying. Lou had undertaken the writing of this book in the latter years of his life. It has been edited by his wife Laurie Anderson and his friends Stephan Berwick, Bob Currie, and Scott Richman.
Lou was an accomplished martial artist whose practice began in the 1980s. He studied with Chen Tai Chi pioneer Master Ren GuangYi. This book is a comprehensive collection of Reed’s writings on Tai Chi. It includes conversations with Reed’s fellow musicians, artists, friends, and Tai Chi practitioners, including Julian Schnabel, A. M. Homes, Hal Willner, Mingyur Rinpoche, Eddie Stern, Tony Visconti, Iggy Pop, Lars Ulrich, Darren Aronofsky, and masters from the Chen family - the creators of Tai Chi.
The Art of the Straight Line goes on sale March 14 and is available now for preorder wherever books are sold.

The book will be published by Faber in the UK & Ireland on March 16th.

https://www.harpercollins.com/…/the-art-of-the-straight-lin…
HarperCollins HarperOneBooks Faber Books

--tg
I was interviewed for this. I hope I made the cut. I remember not being very happy with the interview. It was a phoned with all the authors on the line and I felt we got way off track. We’ll see. This has been in the works for years…

Stephan Berwick is an old friend and I know Scott Richman. Master Ren is also an old friend - we even shared a room once and got hellaciously drunk together. And of course, I know Laurie.
Where is the article about this new sport sweeping the nation?

(01-10-2023, 11:00 AM)Greg Wrote: Where is the article about this new sport sweeping the nation?

Hah, that was in my pile of things to share here. Thanks for taking that task off my list...They should combine it with carpool Karaoke and have celebs fight in a singing death match...

--tg
That is awesome! I'll post it to KFM later...

Why isn't TG running the networks?

I dunno but I'd subscribe to another service just to watch Corden v Bautista in car jitsu karaoke.

Make it so tg!
(01-10-2023, 02:44 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Make it so tg!

...waiting for the AI "Generate video based on this text prompt" to improve...when it does, it will be the end of media production companies...

--tg