Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
Look, personally, I am tired of going back in time to watch movies.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Dhaakad 
Kangana Ranaut rocks.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(05-15-2022, 05:44 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:

Dhaakad 
Kangana Ranaut rocks.

Going to that screener? Looks fun!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(05-15-2022, 10:35 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 05:44 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:

Dhaakad 
Kangana Ranaut rocks.

Going to that screener? Looks fun!

If only. Fremont had a fine Indian theater - Naz cinemas - they served killer samosas at the snack bar. Sadly I never penetrated that publicity circle…
On Netflix, but I'll leave this here for now.

Medieval (2022) 

Quote:Ben Foster, Michael Caine, Matthew Goode

Inspired by the true story of Jan Žižka, one of the greatest warriors in history. After the death of its reigning emperor, the Holy Roman Empire is plummeting into chaos while feuding brothers King Wenceslas of Czech and King Sigismund of Hungary battled for control of the empty throne. Daring and righteous mercenary leader Jan Zizka (Ben Foster) is hired by Lord Boresh (Michael Caine) to kidnap the powerful Lord Rosenberg's (Til Schweiger) fiancée, Lady Katherine (Sophie Lowe), to prevent Rosenberg's rise to power alongside the corrupt King Sigismund. Jan believes that Kings are the right hand of God and should be respected and obeyed, no matter what. As Katherine becomes caught in a dangerous political game between the monarchs, Jan falls in love with her strong spirit and dedication to saving the people. In a brave attempt to liberate her, he fights back with a rebel army to battle the corruption, greed, and betrayal rampant amongst those clawing for power. Jan now realizes that the fate of the Empire will be decided by his love for Lady Katherine and that his fate doesn't lie in the hands of Kings, but in the hands of his own people.

Written and directed by Petr Jákl, Medieval opens in theaters on September 9, 2022, and on digital and On Demand on October 31, 2022.

Michael Caine!

--tg
https://www.hustwit.com/eno

[Image: eno_teaser6.gif]

Quote:Eno
Coming in 2023

Produced and Directed by
Gary Hustwit

Full production credits TBA

The definitive career-spanning, multi-platform documentary about visionary musician and artist Brian Eno.
For the past 50 years, Brian Eno has been at the forefront of musical creativity, technology, and artistic innovation. The hugely influential British musician, producer, activist, visual artist and self-described “sonic landscaper” began his career as an original member of the legendary Roxy Music in the early 1970s. He left the band to release a series of solo records and later pioneered the genre of ambient music with his 1978 album Ambient 1: Music for Airports. As a producer, Brian Eno has helped define and reinvent the sound of some of the most important artists in music, including David Bowie, U2, Talking Heads, Coldplay, and dozens of others. He also composed what may be the most heard piece of music in the world: the startup sound for Microsoft Windows. Undeniably, Eno has changed the way modern music is made.

Rich with access to hundreds of hours of never-before-seen footage, and unreleased music from Eno's archive, Gary Hustwit’s forthcoming documentary Eno will be released in multiple versions and will employ groundbreaking generative technology in its creation and exhibition. Hustwit and his team have been granted unlimited access to Brian Eno’s vast archive, and have digitized and restored approximately 400 hours of material spanning 50 years: interviews, seminal early video art projects, lectures, performances, behind-the-scenes documentation of recording sessions, and more. Most of this material has never been publicly released.

Hustwit’s collaboration with Eno first began in 2017, when Eno created an original score for Hustwit’s film Rams, about the German designer Dieter Rams. With Eno, Hustwit aims to offer a deep dive into subjects that Eno has been notably passionate about, such as sustainability, social equity, and the future of civilization, while centering above all on the nature of creativity. Says Hustwit, “Much of Brian’s career has been about enabling creativity in himself and others, through his role as a producer but also through his collaborations on projects like the Oblique Strategies cards or the music app Bloom. I think of Eno as an art film about creativity, with the output of Brian’s 50-year career as its raw material.”

Befitting its subject, Eno will utilize proprietary generative software developed by Hustwit and digital artist Brendan Dawes to provide unique viewing experiences via multiple digital formats, cinema screenings and site-specific installations. “You can’t make a conventional, by-the-numbers bio doc about Brian Eno,” said Hustwit. “That would be antithetical and a missed opportunity. What I’m trying to do is to create a cinematic experience that’s as innovative as Brian’s approach to music and art.”

Follow Gary Hustwit on Instagram or Twitter for more frequent updates, or join our email list for news and updates on Eno.

--tg

oh...where to file this one...Music? Movie Trailers? Testimonials?

Cynthia Plaster Caster, sculptor of rock star penises, RIP
Apr 22, 2022

Quote:Cynthia "Plaster Caster" Albritton who made molds of penises belonging to Jimi Hendrix, Eric Burdon, Jello Biafra, Wayne Cramer, and many more big names in entertainment—has died. She was 74 years-old. Gil Kaufman writes in Billboard:
Quote:She later branched out into casting female body parts as well, making breast casts of members of Stereolab's Laetitia Sadier, Peaches, members of L7 and the Demolition Doll Rods and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Karen O, among others.
Albritton, born on May 24, 1947 in Chicago, hit upon her unique artistic lane in college when a professor asked the class to cast a solid object the could retain its shape. The budding artist and rock fan decided to try memorializing erect male phalluses using a dental-molding substance, with Hendrix agreeing to be her first subject. Soon after she found a patron in gonzo rocker Frank Zappa, who was not interested in sitting for one of her unique sessions. And while the hirsute avant garde guitarist/composer did not submit himself for casting, he paid for Albritton to move to Los Angeles, where she began making her unique sculptures.

(02-26-2022, 08:52 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: The Smoke Master

Ikr?

This looks like a different film. 
Three Thousand Years of Longing

A George Miller adaptation of the short story "The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye" by A.S. Byatt with Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba.

--tg
That's probably my favorite of her stories. The whole book (same title) is very good, all stories related to fairy tales. She is a great writer, although I've never read any of her novels.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning (2023)

At least it is only 14 months away. I think the only movie I have less interest for is Top Gun: Maverick

Vengeance (2022) by B. J. Novak

I find this strangely appealing.

I'm nobody's pony.
(05-23-2022, 06:56 AM)Greg Wrote: Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning (2023)

At least it is only 14 months away. I think the only movie I have less interest for is Top Gun: Maverick

I'm still down with Tom. It's got the theme song, Simon Pegg, and it looks like a sword fight. I'm still down.
As System of a Down says: Down with the sickness.

To me, he was only good in Magnolia and Tropic Thunder. And a jackass for doing all the stunts, then getting hurt and stopping filming. As Danny Trejo said (approximate quote): "I don't need to put everyone out of work just to show I've got big balls."
the hands that guide me are invisible