Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
I liked their last album (or the one song I heard from it) when it came out in 2019. Sounds very much like Vampire Weekend.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(10-28-2021, 09:08 AM)that-guy Wrote: If I was there, I'd try to check out Brittany Howard from Alabama Shakes, The Strokes, and maybe Tame Impala, but nothing on the bill jumps out at me..

Oh damn! I didn't put that together about Brittany. Luv Alabama Shakes. That's going on the list. 

Maybe The Strokes and Tame Impala. TI was at Life is Beautiful but I was occupied elsewhere.

(10-28-2021, 09:19 AM)Greg Wrote: Vampire Weekend. 

Seen before, but might be fun for Halloween weekend, right? Perhaps...

(10-28-2021, 09:24 AM)King Bob Wrote: I'd recommend Khruangbin and Lord Huron

Another friend, a reggae DJ who also works for the 'Mo and a Kung Fu brudda, he bought tix for tomorrow and Khruangbin is mostly why. Hoping to cross paths with him there. 

Don't know Lord Huron.

My EDM composer friend, okay, really Tara's friend but a backpacking companion on Greg & my Hetch Hetchy adventure recommended the following:
Quote:RUFUS DU SOL, ZHU, Glass Animals, SOFI TUKKER, Marc Rebillet, The Midnight and The HU

I think Sofi Tukker dropped out. I know Glass Animals. 

THANKS FOR THE RECS, BROTHERS! We'll see how it goes. 

I am packed, locked and loaded. Only packed one costume, my final one. I'm going to be conservative from my initial 4 costume plan - it was too much work but if there's a lot of costuming on Friday, I may just bust out my Halloween costume on Saturday and let it ride until Halloween. It's going to be misinterpreted anyway. Packed more warm things, and electrolytes. 

RM sent sheafs of prep material. So absurd. They expect 50-60K and list it as a high IPR incident event. Way to jinx us... Tara and I are the only psych that I know of (only ones on the staff list) but there's a new kid who wants to tag along on Sunday, so we'll make him to all the heavy lifting. 

Now just waiting for Stacy to get off work to drive me up to that city by the bay...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Stacy drove me up and Yuki got to hang out with Bottles while we grabbed food at Gordos.

We got our wristbands effortlessly. Drove over around 8PM, found parking in front of City Hall, and there was a line but it moved quickly, drove back and found one of the closest spots to the door. The Force is with us.

We watched The Empire Strikes Back with Alex who was doing a watch party from his place at UCLA. Now to try and sleep. I forgot to pack some melatonin. 

Call time today is 10:30.
Seratonin. Melatonin. Close enough.

I got one solid sleep cycle in. It’s astonishingly quiet here at night for sf, just the occasional bus line. And the pets - Bottles, Shiva & Kunai. 

Now I’m surfing the web on my phone waiting for sunrise. I have a bit of work to do for KFM, and another essay I did dropped that I want to blog. Plenty of time for that.

Sun is shining. KFM & blog are done. 

I should really do something about my wordpress blog someday. It's so ghetto when it should be pro. Maybe I'd get more freelance gigs that way (as if I don't have enough already...)

But never mind that...onward to OSL!
Are you sleeping on the floor at the Cub's pad?

Ja. With all the beasts. 

Kunai (their black kitten), Bottles (a King Charles/Terrier), and Shiva (a grey cat who used to live with us at the bungalow until Tara took her to SD). Bottles is a major lap dog and woke me up for a rousing game of tug of war with one of his toys. Kunai is by my feet right now, wondering what the heck is going on. Shiva is being aloof. I'm worried that she'll pee on my stuff as a cat comment like she did when I stayed with Tara for SDCC. 

The gals are still sleeping. They are late risers, like most twenty-somethings. I'm enjoying their apartment which they've tastefully decorated in fresh college grad style - lots of Tara's paintings, musical instruments, mementos, and a growing collection of coffee cup holders from top shelf cafes.
Fingers crossed for cinder block book shelves.

Sorting schedule possibilities to bide the time...

The HU LANDS END Friday, Oct 29 1:15 PM - 2:05 PM
Kruangbin LANDS END Friday, Oct 29 5:10 PM - 6:00 PM
Glass Animals LANDS END Friday, Oct 29 6:30 PM - 7:40 PM

Vampire Weekend LANDS END Saturday, Oct 30 6:30 PM - 7:40 PM
The Midnight PANHANDLE Saturday, Oct 30 7:45 PM - 8:30 PM
Lord Huron SUTRO Saturday, Oct 30 8:30 PM - 9:40 PM
ZHU TWIN PEAKS Saturday, Oct 30 8:35 PM - 9:50 PM

Brittany Howard LANDS END Sunday, Oct 31 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM

RUFUS DU SOL LANDS END Sunday, Oct 31 6:00 PM - 7:10 PM
SOFI TUKKER SUTRO Sunday, Oct 31 7:00 PM - 7:50 PM
Marc Rebillet SUTRO Saturday, Oct 30 7:10 PM - 8:00 PM

There's an app for this but my iphone is too old. Besides any festival of this magnitude will overload the cell towers so reception will be sketchy. 
I've been hearing a lot of Glass Animals through Amazon Prime Music. Good Choice.

THE HU!!!

If Klingons has a rock band...

May have to get something to support - a Cd or something.

2 drummers 6 strings and Tuvan throat singing
Helped out a badly popped ankle from the Hu mosh pit. Swole up like a grapefruit. Called for help. Took too long. Finally just walked him in. Wasn’t far.

Had some delish nachos and momos. 

Chocoland is no more

Grasslands is greener. Luved the Garcia booth.

Been hanging at twin peaks Med. 

070 shake wasn’t bad. Female vocalist. Tara knew her. 

Now it’s Young Bae who is bad. Like an edm wedding dj.

The weather took a Savage turn. The Hu was blazing hot. We had to hide in the shade. Fog rolled in and now it’s like I expected. 

The crowd came in droves around 3. It’s thick now.

Regretting not doing a costume. I’ll play mine twice tomorrow and Halloween.

Having a grand time. Walking so damn much.

Dramatic call at panhandle stage (right behind twin peaks Med) catatonic ipr. Front and center while the band played so it was quite the spectacle. My tail rushed over from main (other side of the venue) but we had it solved before he arrived. He is learning that to be psych, you must be one with the force

Fog is getting thick.

Flo Mille - imagine Simone biles as a rapper
Khuang was good psychedelia guitar. 

Had a good talkdown - shrooms - went from crying and shin for to laughing

Now at glass animals - groovy

A Shaolin Rasta brudda just gifted me some Garcia box from grasslands. Sweet!

Dinner - west African shrimp suya
Have you hit Cheese Land yet?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
The rest of the night was dedicated to a molly talkdown

In Korean. 

10 miles, 11 floors

Home before midnight 

Time for some camomile tea...