Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
The Battle at Lake Changjin

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Any relation between Lake Changjin and the Chosin Reservoir story?

I saw a report that Battle made 200 million dollars over the weekend.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I believe Changjin is Mandarin for Chosin, but I'm not sure yet. I saw the reports too which is why I looked this up and posted it. If it beats Bond globally, that will be astounding (but unlikely). 

I don't know much about this film yet but my understanding is that it's one of these PRC committee made propaganda films. Directing are Chen Kaige, Tsui Hark and Dante Lam and it stars my favorite wushu star, Wu Jing.
I know of the Chosin Reservoir because the grandfather of a person I worked with fought that battle. I also read a book on the subject after hearing about it.

I'm amazed Venom made so much money this weekend. Probably why the distribution company moved the release date.

Yeah, I'm getting the sense that the U.S. comes off poorly in Changjin. All the more reason why I hope to see it soon.

I'm annoyed that Venom 2 dethroned Shang-Chi. I would've been fine with Bond, but Venom 2 is so disappointing. The best part is the mid-credit scene, and that's not even that good.
I vividly remember The Battle of Chosin Reservoir.  I was air-dropped into its midst.  Unarmed, I might add.  And naked.  Weighing a bit over 8 pounds.   Nov. 21, 1950.
I'm nobody's pony.
From the Wikipedia:

Quote:The Battle of Chosin Reservoir, also known as the Chosin Reservoir Campaign or the Battle of Lake Jangjin (Korean장진호 전투Hanja長津湖戰鬪RR[i]Jangjinho jeontu[/i]MR[i]Changjinho chŏnt'u[/i]), was an important battle in the Korean War.[c] The name "Chosin" is derived from the Japanese pronunciation "Chōshin", instead of the Korean pronunciation.[10][d]

Sanak

Cyrano

(10-06-2021, 09:13 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Cyrano
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that, based on the title, this film contains lots of . . .

. . . tentacles.
I'm nobody's pony.
I think not. 

But it has sword fights. 

Meanwhile...

See earlier post about links.

(10-06-2021, 01:51 PM)Greg Wrote: See earlier post about links.

um...

can you post a link to your post about links?
I'm nobody's pony.
Yay! This film is already out.