Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
[Image: 1102d39dd298f01af0a46277e31078b3.gif]

Oh come on now. We haven't stopped since high school. Why would we stop now?

[Image: 8677a3f08321d889705e02c1f743b51d72cfd619_hq.gif]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
[Image: image.jpg?w=1920&h=1080]
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Vin Diesel is doing a live-action Rock-em-Sock-em Robots

—tg
https://boingboing.net/2021/04/20/rock-e...iesel.html

Quote:Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots to become a big Hollywood movie starring Vin Diesel
[color=var(--body-font-color)]David Pescovitz[/color]
8:17 am Tue Apr 20, 2021 

Toymaker Mattel is developing the nearly 60-year-old game Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots as a feature film to star Vin Diesel. I think the two youngsters in the original TV commercial above should have cameos. According to Variety, "The story follows a father (Diesel) and son who form an unlikely bond with an advanced war machine":
Quote:Mattel has several film adaptations in the works, some more curious than others. The growing list of properties in development include "Wishbone," based on the '90s TV show about the well-read Jack Russell terrier; "Barbie" starring Margot Robbie and written by Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach; and "Uno," a heist comedy centered on the card game led by rapper Lil Yachty. The company is also making a live-action "Barney" movie with Daniel Kaluuya, a character the Oscar-nominated actor has labeled "misunderstood."
Also known as Real Steel 2.

I immediately thought the same thing as Greg.
the hands that guide me are invisible
Real Steel was based on a 1956 Richard Matheson story that was portrayed in '63Twilight Zone

How do I know this? 

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/index.php?...ticle=1002
This doc from David Grohl is coming to Amazon Prime Video on 4/30

They just released this track yesterday:

--tg

Coinicindently, I'm wearing my X '77 cat t-shirt today.

--tg
How did David Grohl end up with so much talent and is reported to be a really nice guy as well? It sickens me.

This has been on my radar for quite some time. I'm curious how you make a classic better. I'll be surprised if Spielberg can do it.

Saw that promo last night during the Oscars. He should be fine unless he starts rewriting it.
the hands that guide me are invisible
That's where I saw the promo, too. I'm just wondering what else he can add to the story that wasn't there in the original.

(04-26-2021, 09:06 AM)Greg Wrote: That's where I saw the promo, too. I'm just wondering what else he can add to the story that wasn't there in the original.

CGI? Drones? Blue lights and slo-mo?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
West Side Story always reminds me of Stro. He loved that flick and used to quote it, particularly when he was coaching about commitment. I can still remember him saying 'When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way' in that Brooklyn accent of his, with that gangster grin.
I think DM has been holding out on us again, keeping this film secret.

Well, that’s a helluva trailer.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.