Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
The pandemic has affected all of us.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Kung Fu reboot on CW

EW has the exclusive trailer. Follow this link: https://www.etonline.com/kung-fu-trailer...ive-161806

Spoiler alert - I winced... a lot.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Totally different show sharing only the name
the hands that guide me are invisible
Okay. When I read the post I thought how could Kung Fu be a CW show. It doesn't seem to be their demographic or type of show.

After seeing the trailer, I can see it is completely a CW type of show.

Made ya wince!

Didn't I?

I'm still wincing...from the pain.

Ironically, I know one of the screenwriters. We met in the Badlands. 

I wonder if Den will tap me for this. There was talk about having me cover the CW Walker reboot, but I don't really know that franchise and after everyone thought Chuck was at the Jan 6 insurrection (he wasn't but he is a major rightwingnut), my editor who is a NYC leftist bailed on the idea. 

Regardless, I'm obligated to watch this.
I'll watch. It didn't make me wince. I just won't connect it to the original.

Jupiter's Legacy

Anyone know anything about this? Den is asking me on my hot take...
It's not Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

I have no idea but Netflix is going everywhere for content these days.

The Paper Tigers

Been hearing some good buzz on this indie. I've been contacted by a rep to do something for KFM.

Coincidentally, a shidi of LCF, CF & DM worked on this. Ray Raymundo. He was a punky little teen that we taught in the early 90s. I remember him well because he had attitude and a funny sense of sass. We've kept in contact over IG.

He says he's going to start training again, virtually, under Robert Daniels, who is our sihing. I'm not sure if LCF knew Robert because he was before her time. Maybe CF remembers. I remember him very well. He came for the funeral, which was the first time I've seen him in years and the last time we saw each other. He was one of Lam Sifu's strongest BSL students when we were young.

Sifu helped pay for his acting school and he went on to do a lot of bit roles - some great ones as red shirts and Klingons for ST: TNG and a hilarious one for America's Most Wanted as the perp in the reenactment, which got him in trouble after someone saw the episode and called him in.

I ran into his ex-wife randomly at an airport once on Dead Tour. He later came out as gay and lives with his husband in Seattle. He was working as a security guard for a shopping mall, but quit last year over his company's covid negligence.
I remember Robert Daniels very well.  When I was learning the early sets, there were these leg sweep moves.  I'd do them, but wonder why anyone would ever attempt them in a fight.  I mean, you were so vulnerable, and in that position you had no strength or power, and had your hands full just maintaining balance.

Then I happened on RB doing leg sweeps.  Enlightenment ensued.  Yeah, they'll work.  But first you gotta build up the leg strength, flexibility, and whole-body wiriness to make it happen.

I was so many years away from achieving any of that.
I'm nobody's pony.
He was R. Mendoza when we knew him. He legally changed his name because no one was hiring latinx in Hollywood when he was acting. He could pass for a swarthy European.

Nezha Reborn trailer 2
Another trailer about the puppy murderer.

Dynasty Warriors
Edge of the World (2021)

Wherein we glimpse the birth of Tai Chi in 1840s Borneo...

I'm nobody's pony.