Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
(02-16-2021, 11:41 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Kong ain’t no Kaiju. That’s my bumpersticker/t-shirt quote for today

That would definitely make a great shirt or sticker. Slap a cool Gojirra graphic on it, post it on Etsy, and we could make some bank. DOOM needs bank. Help fund keeping the lights on around here.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I was today years old when I realized that Cruella's last name was actually 'Devil'

I will watch this for the Emma Stone angle.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(02-17-2021, 08:29 AM)Greg Wrote: I was today years old when I realized that Cruella's last name was actually 'Devil'

srsly? dude...

(02-17-2021, 08:29 AM)Greg Wrote: I will watch this for the Emma Stone angle.

Yah, me too. Plus Stingray as Horace. And HP1 of Trelawney. Plus my Dublin-dinner-date THE WIDOW!

I'm all in. I luv villainesses.
Seriously. I know. I am a sad broken man.

New Gods: Nezha Reborn 

Not to be confused with Nezhahttp://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=5349

This is another Chinese New Year rush release and Netflix just acquired it. It's from the same studio that brought White Snake, which I loved http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=5738
I did enjoy the TV version of this when it was on VH1

I feel like I've seen this before.....

(02-18-2021, 09:59 AM)Greg Wrote: I feel like I've seen this before.....

It wasn't as sanguineous last time...
We live in a weird world. How do you get from here is a video game we all love to let's make it into a movie. Okay. That movie wasn't very successful but this time we'll get it right. Okay, we're going to get it right in this version. Seriously, I think this time we nailed it.

No, Yeti. I don't like fun.

I've always thought the videogame>movie thing was odd (except for Tomb Raider and some of the Chinese videogames like Double World). That being said, it was nice to see my buddy Lewis Tan get so much screen time. He won't be Shatterstarred again. 

This version has a stronger cast. I did revisit the original (film) a few months ago - http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=5642

I don't think I ever played the game. Thanks to ED, I'm forever humiliated when it comes to videogame playing.
(02-18-2021, 10:37 AM)Greg Wrote: We live in a weird world. How do you get from here is a video game we all love to let's make it into a movie. Okay. That movie wasn't very successful but this time we'll get it right. Okay, we're going to get it right in this version. Seriously, I think this time we nailed it.

No, Yeti. I don't like fun.

G-Man: Enemy of Fun.

It’s actually a very easy calculus: What’s it gonna cost/how much is it gonna make? Those are the only two questions being asked.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Oh, I know the calculus (God help me, I couldn't pass calculus) it all comes down to name recognition and customer awareness. If I was a producer I would make the exact same decisions. It's just odd. It's the same reason to make movies out of comic books. They are well known. The have a delineated storylines. The target audience has disposable income. Greenlight.

For some reason I've given a lot of thought about the decision making of Hollywood.

There was a great skit on Robot Chicken about making an action movie out of the game Hungry Hungry Hippos. Their tagline was "hungry for justice."

Calculus was my math downfall as well. I don't know why I didn't just take an easier class, but I thought it was the next thing after my high school math, because I was young and foolish.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(02-18-2021, 12:16 PM)King Bob Wrote: There was a great skit on Robot Chicken about making an action movie out of the game Hungry Hungry Hippos. Their tagline was "hungry for justice."

I spent a good half hour searching for this. It sent me down the Robot Chicken rabbit hole of Board Games. Thanks?

Meanwhile...

Here's STREGA

Death Rider in the House of Vampires (2021)

...where everyone gets introduced with a gunshot.

[one of whom is a DOOM staple]

I'm nobody's pony.