Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
(07-23-2020, 06:47 AM)Greg Wrote: The hater knows this will be totally bad.

Did you like the original? 

I keep meaning to revisit the original. I don't remember if I liked it or not.

(07-23-2020, 03:20 PM)Greg Wrote: Yay?

Actually that panel is worth a look. Nick Frost and Simon Pegg just kill me. Their chemistry remains hilarious.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I did like the original. It surprised me and was funny. It made it hard to take Keanu seriously after the movie. It's probably one of those films that it would be best not to go back and see. I do remember that the sequel wasn't very good.

I think the weakness for the film was that they had this kick-ass world changing song and the song done by KISS wasn't those things.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I do remember not liking Keanu for the longest time. Perhaps a lot of that came from this film. I even grudgingly acknowledged Matrix, Little Buddha and A Scanner Darkly. But then John Wick changed everything for me and Keanu.

I should really watch it again. I'm drawing such a blank. My memory nowadays. At least it keeps things fresh.
You have heard the theory that John Wick is in the timeline where Ted goes to military school rather than staying in San Dimas to be in the Wyld Stallyns .

All the more reason I should revisit the original, right?
I'm warning against it. But it does have Fee Waybil, Clarence Clemons, Weidlin and Carlin.

I still warn against it.

Gatotakaca is a character from the Mahabharata.
Yayan Ruhian is establishing a nice acting career for himself.
I'm nobody's pony.
Yayan gotz skillz. 

I doubt this will get any distribution in the US. Only SE Asians know the Mahabharata and the concept is to retool these characters as superheroes, akin to what China does with the Monkey King. There's a lot of cultural translation there that will totally escape US audiences.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the latest version of Murder on the Orient Express a giant flop? ( I loved the original but I didn't see this. Once you know the twist why bother?) And wasn't Branagh pilloried for his turn at Hercule Poirot? And yet, Branagh is back as Director and Star.

Although, Wonder Woman.....

No you're totally right about that. Even reviewed it: http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=4268

And gawddammit, we'll probably watch this too when it comes out. I mean... Gal. 

Branagh should really reboot Clouseau. He could nail that accent better than Steve Martin did (although Martin's Amm-berg-urr scene was funny).
Never really liked the Clouseau movies. Not a big fan of the dumb funny genre. Don't find it funny.

I might now go back and watch Orient just so I'm ready for Nile. Although the original Nile with Ustinov is supposed to be horrible, too.

I liked Clouseau as a kid but it lost me as an adult and Tara never bit at Sellers but she liked Martin's take. 

I gotta deal with a lot of dumb humor with Kung Fu flicks so I'm desensitized. 

The original Orient is better.
I'm nobody's pony.