Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DM's quest for work
(06-25-2020, 09:41 AM)Greg Wrote: Living the dream.

ew. Bro! Wth?

Oh wait, you mean *in* my head.

Den of Geek liked the interview so much that they've asked me to split it in two, which doubles my compensation for the work. The powers that be there are into martial arts movies and tell me there's more work for me with them. And to think, I've been just giving it away here on DOOM. Well, only you guys understand enough to get the unexpurgated reviews.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
DM, your sagittal crest is just begging to mulch a mohawk.

Congrats on the Daniel Wu for two propagation.
I'm nobody's pony.
(06-25-2020, 12:03 PM)cranefly Wrote: DM, your sagittal crest is just begging to mulch a mohawk.

ew. Bro! Wth?

Oh wait, you mean *into* my head.

ymnotca telemeeting went long. my head is full. 

Now at FBU, writing for Den of Geek. I iz confuzzled.
(06-23-2020, 09:50 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Okay, here's a weird one. I just got invited by the Terra Prime Light Armory (the group that the French Fencing Association is working with to make Lightsaber into an official government-subsidized sport) to be the guest of honor at their gathering. 

They just offered me a decent honorarium for an hour talk. It's twice the USAWKF honorarium. 

Ronin life is strange.
(06-25-2020, 09:14 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: They just offered me a decent honorarium for an hour talk. 

It's an honorarium or a cool lightsaber. Tough choice but given my situation, I'm taking the money.
Borrowed a lightsaber from one of Tara's classmates. Didn't want to go into battle unarmed, ya know? This gig just keeps getting wackier. 

TC stuff done. An Immortal Twitter takeover scheduled. FBU meeting postponed and shortened until later this afternoon.

I think that's it for today. I post things here mostly so I can keep track myself.
Did you dive into Artistic Fencing? My coworker, Kamilla, attended the Russian national championships once. Very European!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(06-29-2020, 04:56 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Did you dive into Artistic Fencing? My coworker, Kamilla, attended the Russian national championships once. Very European!

Yeah, a bit. It's kinda crazy. How long has that been going on?

(06-30-2020, 08:52 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Today I have some misc freelance tasks - nothing major except prep - and then over to my mom's.

So this was a lie. FBU is calling me into some telemeetings this week so I have to prep some stuff. Immortal has me doing their Twitter takeover on Thursday (when FBU is trying to schedule a telemeeting); Immortal also wants me to move on with the next fight choreo bits. TPLA announced my participation on their panel this Independence Day (this is job #6 but it's a one-off gig). My friend Matt Lucas posted a podcast chat we had. I posted my Bardo essay on my blog. All three of those posts didn't garner a many likes as Yuki. Maybe I'll just post Yuki pix there from now on. Maybe he needs his own gram (nah, I can use the likes).
Artistic Fencing has been going on for years. It was going on in the 70’s when one of my older colleagues was in France. Probably as long as competitive ballroom dancing. The senior world fencing championships in Moscow featured a lightsabre duel. Um, the *real* fencing championships, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4is7h_cgzI
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
The 70s. Man, how did I miss that back then? 

Saw that lightsaber duel. It went viral when it happened. 

BTW, you can embed videos using the film icon (ironically...film) that's in your toolbar above the text entry space. Or maybe that doesn't show on those old kerosene-driven computers that Yetis use. You might consider upgrading to a butane-fueled one. They burn cleaner. Less fumes.
(06-30-2020, 07:07 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: TPLA announced my participation on their panel this Independence Day (this is job #6 but it's a one-off gig). 

Cha-ching! TPLA sent their honorarium. Bless those Jedi. Actually, most of them have taken Darth names, so maybe it's Sith. Am I taking money from the Empire? Meh, Ronin don't care. Sith happens.
Empire money. Rebellion money. It all spends the same.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Well there are Galactic Credits and then there are Imperial Credits.

That's right. DM's got his Star Wars nerd hat on. He's going for a deep dive into that galaxy far, far away. But this time, he's gettin paid to do it.

[Image: 614de537ea516c274f9c95e722fbf9d5.gif]
FBU SJ visit postponed. Merc-in-retro. Kinda bummed because I was looking forward to seeing it.
Crap. I messed up on an Immortal deadline. I've had to submit two videos for some promo stuff and I submitted the wrong one for today's deadline. I got mixed up. I just shot the right one quickly and submitted it.

6 jobs is too many to juggle but the one this weekend is a one-off gig so things should settle soon after.