Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4:20
I got enough habits, most of them bad, thank you very much.

How does temp furlough work? Do you still collect unemployment? I'm curious for the future when Tiger Claw reopens. It may be an option for our company until we get operating at capacity.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
tQ gets unemployment for the week she is off. But there are stringent measures in place to show she has no contact with work. They shut off her VPN, for instance, so she can't take calls.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

And that's been working out? She's got UI payments already?
I believe she is in the system. She is getting her first payment soon. tQ only started the furlough program two weeks ago. She is in the middle of her second week off.

(04-29-2020, 09:25 AM)Greg Wrote: getting her first payment soon. 

You have no idea how many of my friends and aquaintances are in this state. The system is failing. I should get my next payment today but so far, nothing.
I'll keep that between us for the moment.

You would think the state would be able to handle easily a massive unprecedented amount of new claims. Oh, wait.

okay. moving on. 4:20ish 4/29/2020

back at the bungalow. stacy is cooking something with sesame oil. waiting for the mail to bring us our next netflix dose. 

didn't take that nap and am starting to regret that.
Netflix is finally bringing me two films I actually want to see: JoJo Rabbit and Uncut Gems.

(04-29-2020, 04:13 PM)Greg Wrote: Netflix is finally bringing me two films I actually want to see

But why would you put things in your netflix queue that you don't want to see? Why? WHY?!?!

[Image: tenor.gif]
Tomorrow I get my first reduced paycheck from Stenograph. EDD said it would be 7-10 days after I certified; I wasn‘t allowed to certify for my first unpaid period until last Sunday, so I’m guessing my card will show up sometime between May 11-14. Then I get to figure out how to transfer the funds from the card to my checking account so that I can pay bills. Also, I can figure out how many extras I should maybe cut out for awhile...
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
We're with Bank fo the West. They'll run my EDD debit card for a cash advance which I deposit into my account there. They just need an ID and the debit card. The catch is that they can only make one run per location per day. And they cannot tell you how much is on the card. You have to tell them how much to withdraw. The first time both Stacy and I tried it, the transaction failed. The bank cannot tell why. We both had to go back a second time on another day to get it to work. Just keep that in mind because I imagine it's a longer trip to the bank for you and don't wait until the last minute.
(04-30-2020, 11:00 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: GOOD NEWS: It's a lovely day today. I feel like writing now but maybe I should take a quick walk on the beach if they're going to close it again. 

Remember that writing I said I was going to do today? Yeah, well, I just started on it.   Undecided
Once again, what is happening with my sleep cycle? I suppose it’s the midpoint now as I’m going to sleep around midnight and getting up around 8. Two 4 hour cycles. That makes sense.
This morning doesn’t quite count. Been awake for an hour or so with that ol’ brain circus. Greg hours.
I was up at 3:30. Hamster running really fast in the brain wheel.