Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
That serves as a reminder that I still need to see the original with Sammo Hung.
Oddly, not available through any of my sources right now.
I'm nobody's pony.
The original is one of my all time favs.  Sammo does the best impersonation of Lee ever.  EVER.  I was just thinking I should watch this classic again myself.  It's available through the same source I use for Picard.  

Donnie's take looks like a whole new spin.  It doesn't look like it has anything to do with the original.  I'm already very skeptical.
So I watched Enter the Fat Dragon last night.  I found a scratchy dubbed version (with mismatched subs) on the web.  I recant my earlier comment that it is one of my all time favs.  Truth be told, I probably only saw it once before and I forgot a lot of it.  Sammo's impersonation of Lee is still amazing, but it's horribly dated and stilted.  It's basically Return of the Dragon but instead of Bruce going to Italy, it's Sammo going to HK.  His uncle has a restaurant, well, more of a food stall in the back of a ghetto alley, and they get terrorized by gangsters.  Sammo must fend them off, the twist being he's an uber Bruce fanboy and always tries to mimic him.  But he fights well, and even nails many of Lee's subtle gestures.  It's still worth the watch but my memory rose-tinted it far more than it should have.  Sometimes I think I should never go back for these things because it might spoil my fond memories, even if they are false memories.  

I only got an hour in before slumber took me.  It was late.  I'll probably finish it next week, just for the finale fight.
(02-06-2020, 06:25 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I only got an hour in before slumber took me.  It was late.  I'll probably finish it next week, just for the finale fight.
I'm not promising anything, but I'm going to try to finish Until the End of the World before you finish Enter the Fat Dragon.

Not that you really care.  But I do.  I need to set meaningful deadlines for myself, you know.
I'm nobody's pony.
(02-06-2020, 07:23 PM)cranefly Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 06:25 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I only got an hour in before slumber took me.  It was late.  I'll probably finish it next week, just for the finale fight.
I'm not promising anything, but I'm going to try to finish Until the End of the World before you finish Enter the Fat Dragon.

Not that you really care.  But I do.  I need to set meaningful deadlines for myself, you know.

Now hold on.  I call FOUL.  

(02-06-2020, 11:34 AM)cranefly Wrote: Another two and a half hours in, and it just isn't gelling for me.  
Only an hour and a half to go.  Maybe one more night.

You're like 3+ hours in already.  Fat Dragon is only an hour and a half.  By those standards, I'm already done.  Twice.

This is so unfair.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Interesting.  BTW, there's a Stage 2 and a Stage 3 on youtube for this.  But I've only watched Stage 1 (a little Hitler goes a long ways).
I'm nobody's pony.
Wow! Something looks horrible.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(02-13-2020, 07:21 AM)Greg Wrote: Wow! Something looks horrible.

Bro, I already reviewed that here - http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=5186

Try to keep up.

I'm very busy.

(02-13-2020, 10:03 AM)Greg Wrote: I'm very busy.

Slingin The Last Captain?  

[Image: giphy.gif]

Meanwhile, there's this:
Cutting the self proclaimed sexy interviewee out of Stro.