Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers

I seem to have a F&F + hyena theme going today.   Confused
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
All these Jackie Chan movies, no sign of Jack Tu.

And it looks like a bunch of actors are mimicking Chan's actions.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Jackie is 65 but still choreographing fights, even if he stopped doing his own stunts years ago. I’m fine with that. He’s done more death defying stunts than anyone in the biz and earned those laurel leaves.

As for J2, you can see him in the back in one of the crowd shots. He plays bystander #3.

Actually I have no idea what J2 is up to now.  Undecided
MCU for life.

I have no idea who this character is.

(01-13-2020, 11:54 AM)Greg Wrote: MCU for life.

Yeah, they cleaned up with the Oscar noms this year, right?  Tongue

(01-13-2020, 11:54 AM)Greg Wrote: I have no idea who this character is.

Okay turn in your MCU card right now, ya poseur.  Morbius is a Spider-man villain who cures his malady with vampire blood and then becomes this mutant vampire thinger.  It's a stepping stone to merge Holland with Venom and make a new MCU multi-franchise arc.
DM, I think you know more than you should about the MCU at your age.
the hands that guide me are invisible
(01-14-2020, 10:12 AM)King Bob Wrote: DM, I think you know more than you should about the MCU at your age.

I cheat.  My senior Graphic Artist is a major comic book fanboy nerd.  He's in deep, so deep that he can tell you the number of the issue of significant happenings in comics.  

Plus I get paid to review movies now.  What I post here are often my notes.

Meanwhile, there's this:
I was going to go with cheating, as well.

I will not hand in my MCU card. Although, to be honest, my go to characters have always been Batman and Spiderman. I have a foot in both camps.

Never followed comics except to read them at the grocery store as a kid. Man Thing was my favorite. Although during my last bookstore job, Image comics started up and we carried them. I enjoyed the early issues of Spawn (great artwork) and there was a steampunk one about a 19th century automaton that was also good but I can't remember the title. (ED?) Probably should have bought copies.
(01-14-2020, 02:54 PM)King Bob Wrote: Never followed comics except to read them at the grocery store as a kid. Man Thing was my favorite. 

When we first moved to Cali, my folks would give me some cash to buy something at the store near the realtor's office.  I bought a few army comics like Sgt Rock (surely my grandfather's military influence there).  That was about it really, save for a few odd comics over the years.  Like I got one issue of the Elric/Conan crossover issue.  It was a two-parter and I never got the other part, but it was published in collective.  

(01-14-2020, 01:50 PM)Greg Wrote: my go to characters have always been Batman and Spiderman. 

For Batman, Adam West.  That was my formative years.  That show shaped me as much as Star Trek and Gilligan's Island.  

For Spiderman, it was all about Bakshi's cartoon.  Those eye-popping colors.  I'm probably over-romanticizing it.  

There were a lot of cheesey superhero TV shows when we were growing up, much in the wake of the Six Million Dollar Man (which was my fav).  But for the comic-based ones, it was all about Bill Bixby's Incredible Hulk and Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman

This really needs a Wonder Woman gif now.
[Image: lynda-carter-as-wonder-woman-01.gif]
Can't help but add here that my dad used to really like The Incredible Hulk. His quote was "That Hulk is weird but it's good."
(01-15-2020, 10:47 AM)King Bob Wrote: Can't help but add here that my dad used to really like The Incredible Hulk. His quote was "That Hulk is weird but it's good."

#truth

Lou beats cgi hulk any day of the week.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5171778]
[Image: source.gif]

I saw Lou recently at a con.  Maybe it was Si Valley Comic-con?  It was from a distance - he was in the autographing alley and I just don't drop cash for autographs like that.  He looked good.

But back on topic...

HP factor MAX!