Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
Belatedly, I'll offer a more appropriate title for Enter the Girl Dragon.

Give Me Your Umbrella or Else
I'm nobody's pony.
Excited. But i've been less than thrilled by the recent movies.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I disdain trailer teasers.  I mean they're basically trailers for trailers.  What's next?  Trailer teaser trailers?  

That being said:
Shadow boxing the apocalypse

While we wait for Mr. Bond, might as well enjoy Ms. Romanoff today.

I was just about to post that. 

Now why is that a 'teaser trailer'?  It's 2 minutes long.  Isn't that a regular trailer?  Or is it a teaser for an upcoming trailer?  Which brings up another thing - I always thought trailers trail behind.  They shouldn't come in front.  Why do we call them trailers anyways?  I gotz questions...
MCU for life. I have no answers to your questions. I just know I posted first.

(12-03-2019, 10:11 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I was just about to post that. 

Now why is that a 'teaser trailer'?  It's 2 minutes long.  Isn't that a regular trailer?  Or is it a teaser for an upcoming trailer?  Which brings up another thing - I always thought trailers trail behind.  They shouldn't come in front.  Why do we call them trailers anyways?  I gotz questions...

I likewise hate teaser trailers and don't bother with them anymore.  But two minutes?  You're right.  Now they're just messing with us, muddying the waters.  Next there will be teaser features longer than the actual movie.
I'm nobody's pony.
(12-03-2019, 11:42 AM)cranefly Wrote: Next there will be teaser features longer than the actual movie.

The thing is...I'd watch the hell out of that.  Teasers are generally better than the feature films anyways.
Enough of your mewling and whinging.

Why do Bond villains always talk like they are Bond therapists? From the trailer I can see they found the plot to On her Majesty's Secret Service.

(12-04-2019, 06:58 AM)Greg Wrote: Why do Bond villains always talk like they are Bond therapists? 

A Bond villain therapist might just work for me, but they're probably too busy to get an appointment.  I mean, destroying the free world is time-consuming, right?

I'm glad it's getting back to Jamaica.  That was a huge part of the books because Fleming was stationed there, and the little reggae riff in McCartney's Live and Let Die remains one of my fav Bond themes.

I do like what they did with the theme in this teaser trailer thing...
Best Bond song: You know my name by Chris Cornell

My favorite bit in the trailer when he's giving his name to the security guard. Bond (no recognition) James Bond.

(12-04-2019, 02:05 PM)Greg Wrote: Best Bond song: You know my name by Chris Cornell

[Image: giphy.gif]
I'm pretty sure I'm always right.

I love that song, Adelle. It's not that cheesy Skyfall crap you peddle.

[Image: tumblr_p0grz9j5rj1r1ult6o1_500.gifv]

Shirley Bassey for the all time wins.
Louis Armstrong.
Honorable mentions for:
Carly Simon
Sheena Easton
And of course, Sir Paul

I only liked the Adele one because she was doing an impression of Shirley.  

I'll have to go back and listen to that Cornell song.  It was completely forgettable for me.  I can't even remember how it went.