Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Oh my god.

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Aw man, I just finished my media column for KFTC.  Should I add this?  Naaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Did I miss the post for this? Granted the trailer doesn't show much.

I'm disappointed by that Donnie venture.  The original with Sammo is amazeballs, one of the truly great Sammo films.  His impersonation of Lee is the G.O.A.T. (the only person who even comes close is N!xau in Crazy Safari).  Sammo is genuinely fat, and yet he has the real Kung Fu on every account.  Donnie donned a fat suit. He has the real Kung Fu too, but not like Sammo.  He's not even close.  

That being said, yeah, I'm remiss in posting that.  Been ranting about it since it was announced.

Besides, who cares about Donnie's fat-shaming remake when there are still films like IRON GIRL: FINAL WARS.

What the world needs is more Zombie pictures. Or not. But at least Jim Jarmusch is still getting work.

DM, did your buddy RZA tell you about his role in this film?

Honestly, I haven't heard from RZA in years.  Wu-Tang is coming to SLA this June - it was when SNWMF was scheduled, but now that's cancelled, so I may go.  Then again, that's when Stacy has passes for the JMT so we'll see.  

The last time the Wu was at SLA, I finagled a backstage pass and got to RZA's trailer, but when I finally worked my way in, it was packed with hangers on.  RZA was seated at the far of the room, holding court, and there was no way I could get to him. I was at the very edge, with other hangers on.  I can't remember now if we even made eye contact.  I'm surprised I didn't write about it here.  Maybe it didn't happen.  Cuz if it's not here, it must not have happened.  Damn these hallucinations...

http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...2#pid11952 Found it.  Searched Wutang instead of RZA.  See?  It did happen.   Cool
I'm curious about the soundtrack. Jarmusch flix always have great soundtracks...

This link https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/296-hell-...-and-more/ doesn't even list Broken Flowers soundtrack:

--tg
To paraphrase "This is so exciting. I wish I cared"

Is anyone looking forward to this?

(04-03-2019, 06:45 AM)Greg Wrote: Is anyone looking forward to this?

I am.  Okay, no not really.  I'll probably watch it tho.  I still think Romero was the best Joker.

Here's one for you - a newly restored King Hu.  I'm not sure I've even seen this one.

I think the biggest mistake of the cinematic Addams Families was allowing Thing to come out of the box.  Thing was much more intriguing when you didn't quite know what was on the other end of that wrist.  

Wait...Charlize?   Heart Heart Heart
The trailer didn't sell it for me.