Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandy (2018) by Panos Cosmatos
A moody slog of a movie, much of it shot in slow motion, because one simply must imbibe Nicolas Cage's overacting to full measure.
Think Manson murders, as Cage and his mate, living in isolation, are beset by a crazed cultish gang.

This is just another vehicle for Cage to try to top his previous outrageous performances.  Unfortunately, Panos Cosmostos is not up to making it happen.  Panos previously did Beyond the Black Rainbow, and there are similarities -- hallucinogenic elements, some in animation, that work pretty good, but overall a terribly contrived storyline and inconsistent characters.  A very lazy script, full of happenings that simply don't make sense.  There are plot holes you could drive a stake through -- and I wish someone would.

Still, I did not fast forward, perhaps because I was in a passive mood.  Anyway, if you do choose to eyeball this, pay particular attention to the grizzly hallucination.  The reason I say this is that I don't remember a grizzly in the movie, but a special effects guy in the credits is credited with Grizzly Hallucination.
I'm nobody's pony.