Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remakes, come-backs, and spin-offs
Cobra Kai Trailer

My question is are we supposed to root for Cobra Kai?

As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I kinda always rooted for Cobra Kai. They had a sweet logo.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(03-21-2018, 07:08 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I kinda always rooted for Cobra Kai. They had a sweet logo.

Very Slytherin.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Supernatural has been on forever. I watched a couple of episodes and decided it was not for me.

That is, until next week, when I am all in.

Bring on the viral marketing.

[Image: DZV4JXNU0AAwdMc.jpg:large]

This is what you get if you text 'DEALS'

Quote:We are the "car"ate experts! The best deals are only a tap away: https://goo.gl/Qfv7NA

That is COOL!

Dammit I may just have to buy into YouTube Red for this now.  Dammit, dammit, dammit.   Angry
Business expense.

That would detract from my nacho budget.  

Maybe they'll send me a screener.
I thought you were king of the KFM. Throw your weight around. Make some changes.

The M in KFM stands for magazine. Those predate cassette tapes and floppy discs. I need more subscribers before I have any weight to throw around. Meanwhile, I’m huddled on the corner slinging mags, wildflowers and shoe shines. Need my nacho fix, or the shakes will start again.

Sad

If it doesn't include Boris and Natasha, I'm out.
Why is it that so much new animation look like either Samurai Jack or Ren and Stimpy, or a cross of the two? Maybe with some Powerpuff Girls thrown in.

Similarly, I see the animation majors group show every year, and every year the stuff looks exactly the same. They are all just following in the footsteps of their predecessors. Maybe that's the professor' influence; I don't know. Maybe it helps them get jobs as Pixar drones.
the hands that guide me are invisible
I think a lot of that is derivative of flash animation. Check out some non-us Network stuff, like Loving. Vincent or that Godzilla anime I reviewed recently
I'm fascinated by this subject.

As an amateur anthropologist with no training I wonder about what we call 'Pop-Culture'.

How do 'primitive' tribes thrive with the same ten, fifteen, twenty-five traditional songs/dances for hundreds of years while 'developed' cultures are compelled to make thousands of 'New' songs/dances.

I'm going to skip the whole 'exposure/trade' thing here and jump to the subject of this thread.

Why are remakes of decades-old tropes getting traction?

Why are there reboots of "Planet of the Apes", "Battlestar Galactica", "Westworld" ?

I've talked to people (translate 'Millennials') who do not realize 'Westworld' is a reboot.

My conclusion is that Hollywood has tapped into a common thread. They are luring in Baby-boomers with nostalgia, and generating new Milleninal fans with a tried-and-true formula about risk and redemption.

So, basically, we are primitive peoples enjoying variations of our traditional rituals but not ready to embrace new beliefs.
[Image: magpie13.gif]